What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » "Folder" transfer plugin?

"Folder" transfer plugin?
Author: Message:
Lyrs

O.P. "Folder" transfer plugin?
Hello people,

I'm new here and I have a question.  I want to send a folder of files, however there doesn't seem to be such an option for that action.  Some people suggested zipping the folder and sending that, however, it's too time consuming considering that first i have to zip everything and than the reciever will have to unpack it all.

Can I send a "folder" through this latest version?  If yes, how?  If not, are there plugins that will achieve that function and where may I find the specific ones?

Thank you.

Lyrs.
06-04-2004 10:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
RE: "Folder" transfer plugin?
Well, the time taken in the transfer of a zipped folder is less than the time needed in transfer it, file by file, so zipping it isn't a bad idea. You can also zip with the lowest level of compression: that'll speed up the zipping time ;)

Anyway, if you don't want to zip it, you can't send if at once. You should go file by file...

About plugins, there's a plugin called Pleh File Sharing. I'm not sure, because I've never used it and just today noticed it exists, but I think that with that plugin you can transfer (fiel by file) a whole folder. You can find it in the Plugins section of these forums.
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
06-04-2004 10:51 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: