What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » POP Mail

POP Mail
Author: Message:
peoples

O.P. POP Mail
I never used pop mail, and I dont even know how it works...
I used to have a hotmail account, and I only prefer MSN nothing else... and it was cool how whenever I get an email MSN would popup saying I got a new message, and when I sign in it would tell me how many new messages I got... although now I got my own domain name for my site, peoples@dvdmations.com <<
so... if theres anyway to do anything like that let me know... how would popmail help this? or is there any other things
06-04-2004 12:51 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
RE: POP Mail
You must have Messenger Plus! installed...
Main Messenger Window > Click on Plus! near the top of the window > Preferences > POP3 E-mail
Now click Enable POP3 e-mail checker. Type peoples@dvdmations.com in the text box for 'E-mail address'.
Now you'll need to enter the server details in the server box, the provider of your domain name should provide you with this...
Enter your Login & Password details in the two boxes below (first box is for login second box for password)...
Now the box below can be used to open an e-mail client (most likely Outlook or Outlook express) by navigating to the executable of the program for example for outlook express this would be "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\MSIMN.EXE"
Now click OK or Apply and MSN Messenger will inform you when your POP account receives a new e-mail...
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
06-04-2004 09:00 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Weyzza
Veteran Member

SoCal sunset > *

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
Now you'll need to enter the server details in the server box, the provider of your domain name should provide you with this...
I still don't understand this part.
If I have a Hotmail account, what should I type there?
Registered 7664 days, 13 hours, 11 minutes, 42 seconds ago.
Happy Birthday, WDZ

06-04-2004 09:50 AM
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by thekid
If I have a Hotmail account, what should I type there?
Hotmail isn't POP3...Your Hotmail account is usually the same as the account you use to sign into MSN Messenger so by default the toasts for new Hotmail comes up by default...
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
06-04-2004 11:48 AM
Sully

I am SeXeh :P

37 / Male / –
thekid: If you have a hotmail account then MSN Messenger checks your emails for you anyway (if the account you wish to check is your sign-in name, otherwise you cant). When you sign in, or get a new email while signed in Messenger tells you.

In the MSGPlus! plugin which adds extra features to Messenger it has a feature which allows you to check other email's besides hotmail (that have pop support). So if you have an email address over at some other email provider (like ur ISP) and they gave you the pop server address (like pop.someisp.com) then you can check your email over there also. How? Simple! Just read Anubis post above, read the instructions and you should get it to work!

Just remember, for the pop mail checker feature in MSGPlus! to work  you MUST know the pop server address of the email provider!

Hope this was of some help to you!

- Sully :D
06-04-2004 01:40 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: