What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Contacts Disappeared...

Contacts Disappeared...
Author: Message:
NielsB

O.P. Contacts Disappeared...
Dear all,

I encountered a problem with my msn messenger plus. A week ago, 2 contacts from my list disappeared....  and I mean physically disappeared from my contact list...(I did not do anything)..and disappeared also form the list of people, who have added me to their MSN contact list. Both mail adresses were already inactive for several months.

I contacted MSN Messenger Holland. They told me that the problem occured due to Messenger Plus. Can somebody explain me what happened?

I really appreciate it, because of the fact that 1 of these contacts died...and the last msn title of this contact means a lot to me.

Regards,

Niels
01-05-2005 04:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Contacts Disappeared...
It has nothing to do with Plus! Obviously when an account is inactive it gets deleted from the MSN servers. Your contactlist is stored on their servers, thats how wherever you log in your contactlist is there.

This post was edited on 01-05-2005 at 04:46 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
01-05-2005 04:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
i think its someone that microsoft has just recently done/introduced, because i also lost about 10 contacts!! but i know that they have been inactive for at least 6 months, if not a year on some of them.

so i didn't lose much sleep over it
01-05-2005 05:48 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
Taken from Help in Hotmail:

Your account policies
Account activity
Your account becomes inactive if you do not sign in for 30 days, or within the first 10 days after signing up for an account. Once an account becomes inactive, all messages, folders, and contacts are deleted, but the account name is still reserved.
If the account stays inactive for an additional 90 days, it is permanently deleted.

Inactivation and Deletion of Account

Microsoft will delete your .NET Passport account if it remains inactive for an extended period of time. Inactivity is defined as a failure to sign in to your .NET Passport account.

If your .NET Passport account was created in an MSN sponsored domain (i.e. @hotmail.com, @WebTV.net, or @msn.com), your account will be made inaccessible if it remains inactive for 120 days, and any account or profile information you have provided will be deleted. If you have a .NET Passport account that was not created in an MSN sponsored domain, your account will be made inaccessible if it remains inactive for 365 days, and any account or profile information you have provided will be deleted.

This post was edited on 01-05-2005 at 06:22 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
01-05-2005 06:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: