What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » POP3 message retrieval

POP3 message retrieval
Author: Message:
jarvster3000

O.P. POP3 message retrieval
Ok I set up 2 other POP3 accounts in MSN Messenger Plus and sure enough the little box appeared over the MSN icon in the System Tray and told me I had 61 messages.
These 61 messages were from one of the other POP3 accounts I had. Trouble is, when I clicked on the message box it opened up Hotmail which clearly wasn't the one with the new messages.
I thought it might collate all the message from all accounts into 1 screen.
Secondly, is this at all affected by the last field on the POP3 setup about launching a link or Program (which I left blank)?
06-18-2004 11:20 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
bach_m
Veteran Member

4837 :P

37 / Male / –
RE: POP3 message retrieval
quote:
Originally posted by jarvster3000
Ok
Secondly, is this at all affected by the last field on the POP3 setup about launching a link or Program (which I left blank)?

yes. thats the program to launch when u click the link, so you should put the path of ur email client there.....
06-18-2004 11:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
jarvster3000

O.P. RE: POP3 message retrieval
Ok, for example. For my Yahoo account I stick in http://www.yahoo.co.uk or http://mail.yahoo.com
I can't seem to get it to directly open my mail page without asking me for a password. I kinda hoped that by entering the details it would do that automatically. Especially since it has checked the account in the 1st place. It must be possible I'm sure. Can any other people do this?

This post was edited on 06-19-2004 at 12:02 PM by jarvster3000.
06-18-2004 11:41 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: