What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Error on sending files

Error on sending files
Author: Message:
hodunwun

O.P. Error on sending files
Running Windows Messenger  4.7.2009 with xp pro and Linksys router with a cable modem.  Can send and recieve video and voice but cannot send files.  Get error at reciever's end that I have cancelled the transfer when I haven't.  I have played around with ports on the Linksys router firewall and believe I have it set right.  I have the same problem when I turn off my XP pro firewall. Any specific helf is kindly requested.  Thanks for your attention.
Doug
01-08-2005 05:35 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
RE: Error on sending files
Have you tried to send files to several contacts. Maybe you can send file to some of them but not to others. Aslo, have you tried with MSN Messenger 6.2 (or 7)?
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
01-08-2005 12:57 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
hodunwun

O.P. RE: Error on sending files
Thanks for your reply.  Yes, the same error is there when I try to send to others.  Windows Messenger was designed to work with xp not msn messenger so I want to use it.  Any other comments appreciated.
doug
01-08-2005 07:38 PM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by hodunwun
Windows Messenger was designed to work with xp not msn messenger
MSN Messenger is designed to have just as much compatability with xp as windows messenger
01-08-2005 07:39 PM
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
Try and upgrade to Windows Messenger 5.1...http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/b/3/eb3b...f407/messenger.msi
And as Madman said, Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger are both designed to work with XP perfectly...Where you may have got this strange theory is because Windows Messenger is installed with XP and the only reason Windows Messenger is installed on XP when installed is because it is needed to work some features of Windows XP (like remote assistance)...
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
01-08-2005 07:48 PM
hodunwun

O.P. RE: Error on sending files
I still want to stay with Windows Messenger.  It came with xp for more than one reason.  I have updated to 5.1 and still have the same problem.  Recipients of file  transfers say the transfer was "cancelled" by me which of course it wasn't.  I have done a pc pitstop scan and all is fine.  I have run utilities in Norton system works and still have the problem.  I have the problem with  or without the xp firewall on.  I have  iinstalled the proper ports for my linksys router firewall.  I have no other firewall.   This may be a windows problem.  I have not yet tried  an xp repair.    Any other ideas very much appreciated.   Thanks for reading this far.  Was a bit much. 
Doug
01-09-2005 07:45 PM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
TBH, you should at least install Msn Messenger and see if this problem presists.
Also there are a lot of things that work better in msn messenger.
01-09-2005 07:55 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: