What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Messenger Plus causes PC to reboot

Messenger Plus causes PC to reboot
Author: Message:
skalpello

O.P. Messenger Plus causes PC to reboot
Hi, i'm just signing up... I want to know if someone has heard about what I'm going to mention.

Last night I downloaded and installed Messenger Plus, and when it finished installing my PC rebooted. I thought it was the natural thing to happen but later I tried to execute MSN Messenger and it was the same thing. When I try to run MSN Messenger (I don't like it to load on startup, so I do it manually) my POC reboots. I uninstalled Messenger Plus and the problem won't stop ¿Any ideas of what could be happening?

I uninstalled and re-installed MSN Messenger alone threee times now, and I'm using an alternative right now, because the problem is still ther. I also lokked up in the registry for messenger plus.

I am gonna report it as a bug.

Thanks in advance

skalpello
09-17-2004 10:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus causes PC to reboot
quote:
Originally posted by skalpello
I uninstalled Messenger Plus and the problem won't stop
if u uninstalled Plus! and the problem was still there, then it isnt Plus! what is causing it :)
Maybe some kind of virus u got? did u check for viruses recently?
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
09-17-2004 10:34 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
skalpello

O.P. RE: Messenger Plus causes PC to reboot
Eres chileno chrono?????

Bueno, lo asumiré. te cuento, el problema se inició cuando instalé el Messenger Plus. Lo que queda es que el ejcutable se haya infectado con algo, pero como el problema comenzó inmediatamente, no lo pensé. La verdad es que ésta es una muy buena ampliación para el messenger, y quisiera usarla. Haré un chequeo de virus y te cuento...

(If you can't speak Spanish please tell me, if you are actually chilean and you could read above, then ¡Felices Fiestas Patrias!)

Regards

skalpello
09-17-2004 11:05 PM
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus causes PC to reboot
NOTICE ON WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK 2: Some computers re-act strangely to a Service Pack 2 Install, Including, but not limited to, HP, Compaq, and Media Center PC's.  They have been known to start rebooting over and over again due to an incompatability.

Might this be your issue?
09-17-2004 11:46 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
skalpello

O.P. RE: Messenger Plus causes PC to reboot
Thanks, but I haven't installed SP2 yet.

I performed a virus scan as Chronos suggested, and it didn't show anything, but I wasn't comprehensive as I have some important things to do in 3DSMax. Later I will run a full-system scan and you'll be hearing from me. But it's pretty strange because the problem started when I installed this tool.

Thanks a lot for the feedback!

Regards

5k4p3110
09-18-2004 01:08 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: