What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Mobile Chat Window Logging

Mobile Chat Window Logging
Author: Message:
Thought_man

O.P. Mobile Chat Window Logging
Hi there,

First time posting, but I have a question/feature request and hope this is a good start of a place to post it.

When sending a message to a users mobile device via right-click and selecting "Send a Message to a Mobile Device" a chat window opens up that is different than any other and does not include a "Plus" menu item.  This windows is then not logged by the chat logging for either outgoing or inbound messages.  In fact it's interesting that it seems the microsoft logging "History" also seems to ignore this content.

Is there something I'm missing or could this be taken into account in future releases of the Plus to maybe log these as separate chat logs with maybe a -mobile extension to distinguish them.

Cheers,
10-13-2004 07:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
RE: Mobile Chat Window Logging
That's done on purpose. More info: Window not hooked - right behavior?
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
10-13-2004 07:46 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Thought_man

O.P. RE: Mobile Chat Window Logging
Ok... I see that it isn't an oversight on the part of Patchou for Plus, but I would think that logging these messages would be something that it would be a Plus! feature and since Plus claims to log all chats then why avoid these.

I can see how many other features wouldn't work in this command window and not apply, but for sure the logging should be there and possibly some others, but not if the effort was too great.

It would also be great since it seems to be an oversight on the part of Microsoft as I can't see these chats in the "History" log provided by msn.

B
10-13-2004 08:49 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
RE: Mobile Chat Window Logging
yes, i also think that nearly all of the features of plus can be included in that window (as i said in the other thread), however if patchou said that's done on purpose, he'll have his reasons and, as i said:
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
I don't care very much if Patchou doesn't add those things (because I won't use them :refuck:). Anyway, I prefer Patchou spends his time in more useful things than in adding that
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
10-13-2004 09:10 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Thought_man

O.P. RE: Mobile Chat Window Logging
I realize you said it... I just restated it and to be honest I'm not that bothered one way or the other, but it's a royal pain to have to remember to go to File>Save As> and to track these messages and I stay in touch with a couple of friends in europe using this and its convenient, but losing the logs by forgetting and closing the window does have it's moments of frustration.

The rest are mostly of convenience, but the logs one drives me nuts...<g>

Thanks and I'm rather sure or trust Patchou will read this at some point, so this is 1 vote out of millions of users... wonder how many it takes and then he can decide on effort to add this or anything additional.  either way... I'll live.
10-13-2004 09:15 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: