What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » File transfer progress in convo window

File transfer progress in convo window
Author: Message:
mrhuge

46 / Male / –
O.P. File transfer progress in convo window
Hi all,

I want to make a Messenger Plus! plugin which displays the progress of active file transfers in a conversation somewhere in the conversation window (for example below the display picture of the one you're talking to).

I've already done some research on this, and in the typelibraries of MSN Messenger I can see some interfaces which are interesting. There is a library P4PLib with the interfaces IChannel, IFileInfo and DChannelEvents.

Now I would like to get a pointer to one of these interfaces to be able to keep track of the progress of a file transfer. With Plus! I can get a pointer to the IMessenger interface, but I don't know how to get a pointer to one of these. I guess I'll need a technique which is similar to the one Patchou uses to get the IMessenger pointer.

Someone got any clue on how I could do this?

Thanks very much in advance.
10-13-2004 01:01 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: File transfer progress in convo window
quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
I thought the P4PLib was what MSN Games used
Yes I believe it is.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
10-13-2004 09:57 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
mrhuge

46 / Male / –
O.P. RE: File transfer progress in convo window
Hmm, well, looking at the methods in the interfaces, it just seems that P4PLib is also used to transfer files and messages. If this is true, a IFileInfo instance should be available for every file transfer which is active.

This would be a nice way of grabbing the file transfer progress (if it would be possible to get it to work), but maybe there are also other ways... Any suggestions?
10-14-2004 10:26 AM
mrhuge

46 / Male / –
O.P. RE: File transfer progress in convo window
quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
hmmm, I remember having seen that before...
Are you familiar with debugging?
if so, get the richedit pdb's, and hook on the InsertObject call, trace back a bit after you've sent a file and find the constructor, hook that constructor and keep track of the status :P
Yup, very familiar with debugging. Actually that's quite a good suggestion, I'll try that. Thanks :).
10-14-2004 03:24 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: