What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Help me please

Help me please
Author: Message:
cfrogit

43 / Female / –
O.P. Help me please
My sister installed mesenger plus on my computer.. and I would like to unistall it... I went onto control panel and unistalled it in the add/remove program. but now when I reboot windows it tells me that messenger plus wasn't installed proiperly and I need to reinstall it.. what I am suppose to do? please help me I beg you

11-27-2004 05:59 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
RE: Help me please
Have you tryed re-installing it? then un-installing it again?
11-27-2004 06:01 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
If your sister installed it on another useraccount, uninstall it in that account aswell ;)
[Image: 25dr3o9]
11-27-2004 06:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
pjn

cfrogit,

Could you post a reply if you tried re-installing and then uninstalling again and it worked. . .
My daughter also downloaded without permission and I'm having the same problem every time I re-start windows.  I can't uninstall because when I go to Add/Remove programs the same window keeps opening. 

Thanks. 
11-30-2004 12:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
quote:
Originally posted by cfrogit
My sister installed mesenger plus on my computer.. and I would like to unistall it... I went onto control panel and unistalled it in the add/remove program. but now when I reboot windows it tells me that messenger plus wasn't installed proiperly and I need to reinstall it.. what I am suppose to do? please help me I beg you
hey cfrogit quick question how comes you do not like messenger plus. i think its a great piece of software. maybe you should try it and see if you like it. i only say this as well if u dont want it thats fine your entitled to remove it but if your sister likes it wont she just keep reinstalling it over and over again? so my point is if shes just gonna keep reinstalling it then if you could maybe enjoy getting to use plus u wouldnt have to keep uninstalling it but ultimately the decision is yours buddy.
Can't see how you're adding to this thread stuartbennett.

cfrogit and pjn, if you want to remove Plus properly, it needs to be uninstalled from all accounts the installer was run under (in this case, your sister's/daughter's respectively).
[Image: spartaafk.png]
11-30-2004 10:23 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
pjn

Thanks so much for replying.  It turns out that Messenger Plus was probably NOT my problem.  She had also downloaded a 7.0 version of MSN and the two were apparently not compatible.  We went back to 6.2 and the Messenger Plus works perfectly.  When I re-boot there is no 'installation error.'
I hate being computer illiterate but I do appreciate the help.
pjn.
11-30-2004 01:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
cfrogit

43 / Female / –
O.P. RE: Help me please
btw thanks I was able to unistall it, and raceprouk I want it out of my computer because it is not my sister pc, she has her own, and I don't like the software because of all the spyware that is in it... :) PJN yes it worked that way, install it again from the website, then unistall it, make sure that you type in the number when they ask for it.. and then it will work :)

thanks guy for the help
11-30-2004 01:22 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by cfrogit
and I don't like the software because of all the spyware that is in it...
Messenger has no spyware in it!! Please read:
http://www.msgplus.net/getthefacts.php#trojan

Also note that the optional adware sponsor is only installed if you say so, it is not installed automatically and the choice you need to take is made very clear. You can easly choose not to install the optional sponsor when you install Messenger Plus!.

This post was edited on 11-30-2004 at 03:08 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
11-30-2004 03:04 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: