What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » More of an improvement suggestion

More of an improvement suggestion
Author: Message:
@Faith

O.P. More of an improvement suggestion
Hiya...
So there's the (!WAT), tag, so let's say that I put to the word filter that if my counterpart writes (!CWAT), it is replaced as (!WAT), so what I'd want, is that this replacement would also be checked if it were some of the commands, so this would be a way my counterpart could be able to see what I'm playing at any time...

There also is this one thing I once tested... If you have a mp3 file which is named (!WAT).mp3, and you write (!WAT), the program will crash due to the never ending loop...

When they say, that to make an idiotproof system, you need an idiot, well count me in!
:)
11-29-2004 03:26 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
RE: More of an improvement suggestion
quote:
Originally posted by @Faith
So there's the (!WAT), tag, so let's say that I put to the word filter that if my counterpart writes (!CWAT), it is replaced as (!WAT), so what I'd want, is that this replacement would also be checked if it were some of the commands, so this would be a way my counterpart could be able to see what I'm playing at any time...
that isn't so easy. The replacement only takes place in your conversation window, (!CWAT) is replaced by (!WAT), but your contact doesn't notice it.

Maybe the best thing you can do with Plus is set an automessage that contains the (!WAT) tag (you can be online and have automessages, with plus 3.40)

Perhaps, if you use StuffPlug-NG, there's a way you can set an auto-talker or similar, that automatically answers with (!WAT) when you receive (!CWAT).

The other sollution is having a plugin, both you and your contact(s). You'd have to program it yourself, because as long as i know, there isn't anyone that does that.
quote:
Originally posted by @Faith
If you have a mp3 file which is named (!WAT).mp3, and you write (!WAT), the program will crash due to the never ending loop...
hehehe.... unusual but big bug.
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
11-29-2004 08:21 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites