What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » MSN keeps freezeing

MSN keeps freezeing
Author: Message:
hectorse

38 / Male / –
O.P. Undecided  MSN keeps freezeing
Hi, i am truly desperate, Yesterday i was chatting on just as everyday, but today whn i started my computer, i saw that my msn 6.2.0137 just froze in place after signing in...

I tried almost everything...reinstalling, installing, restarting, updating, drivers, closed almost all background proccesses, cleaning reg, cookies, downloaded 7.beta, nothing, just froze after signing in.

Then i Downloaded the windows messenger (wich i had uninstalled some time ago) but i didn't even open the window.

After much thinking, and no chatting, i just downloaded this sucker that is Miranda... let's just say i don't see the time a go back to msn.

What can i do?????how do i make it usabel again? i am seriously thinking of formating

or in case nothing works, is there a nice "friendly" multi-chat-services out there?

i will really apreciate any help you may give
12-28-2004 11:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
f1d0d1d08989

33 / Male / –
RE: MSN keeps freezeing
If you want, you can use Trillian, which can let you sign into MSN...Or perhaps the MSN Web Messenger?

But, did you install anything that could have caused this?

Or maybe you can try a system restart. Couldnt think of any solutions; post here ltr when I thought of it...:D
12-29-2004 03:47 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
hectorse

38 / Male / –
O.P. RE: MSN keeps freezeing
Well, obviously something went VERY wrong as to cause permanent damage to the msn and nothing else...I've been seriously thinking about a sys restart, as i just formated the computer a week ago...then this problem is just a day old, maybe tomorrow it will be quickly fixed. I just don{t have gigs and gigs of info...

but i wilkl have to instal world of warcraft again wich is a shore
12-29-2004 04:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
RE: MSN keeps freezeing
Do you use Windows XP?
If so do the following;
Start > Help and Support > Undo changes to your computer using system restore > Restore by computer to an earlier time > Next > Pick a date before this started happening (a day or two before it started should do it) > Next > Then just follow it through...
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
12-29-2004 09:33 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: