What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » messenger not working

messenger not working
Author: Message:
tomfletcherman

35 / Male / –
O.P. messenger not working
I just came on and I get the error message 'sorry we could not log you in right now please try again later' on msnmessenger. For windows messenger I get 'the username or password are incorrect'. For webmessenger I get my connection refused if I'm using firefox, and the page doesn't even open in Internet explorer properly, and when I press 'launch web messenger now' nothing happens. Any ideas on what's wrong?
02-26-2005 10:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
RE: messenger not working
If you make another account and try to sign in with that, does it work?
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
02-26-2005 10:18 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
tomfletcherman

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: messenger not working
No. it's the same case for whichever account I use.

Edit: I signed onto my dads windows xp user account and I could log in from there, but I switched back to my own user account and still had the problem. I havn't downloaded any .pifs either.

Edit 2: MSN Messenger is working now so the problem must have been resolved. (I zipped up 'start.exe' and 'microsoft office.hta' because they looked dodgy and then deleted them).

This post was edited on 02-26-2005 at 11:04 AM by tomfletcherman.
02-26-2005 10:21 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Exca

Not illiteral, just ignoring you

36 / Male / –
RE: messenger not working
Because it doesn't work on E-messenger to... maybe you're connecting via proxy? Make sure you directly access the .NET service. If you aren't, changing the setting might give a difference. If it doesn't work; try to sign in on a friend's computer. If you are able to sign in there, it is your pc doing strange. And if you have no clue what the cause is of the problem; you might do a restore point of a previous date when it was still working, else you re-install msn-messenger properly, if it still doesn't work, re-install windows, when still no result, I would backup my important files and format the harddisk....

Succes

Edit: I didn't read far enough, i now see the problem is already solved :) greetz

This post was edited on 02-26-2005 at 07:35 PM by Exca.
But that is my opinion!

[Image: djexcaround.gif]
02-26-2005 07:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: