What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Feature Request: Hide group of contacts and block all contacts in the group

Feature Request: Hide group of contacts and block all contacts in the group
Author: Message:
inspirone

O.P. Grin  Feature Request: Hide group of contacts and block all contacts in the group
Hi all, first of all, thanx for nice features that MsgPlus provides us and I wish to encourage the guys behind this to always go for more, you're doing a good job.

Well let me explain my situation. I work in a large software company and we use msn messenger as means of communication among employees. I have msgplus for some time now and i'm quite happy with the features it has. Privacy protection is something that is specially very useful to me when my boss is around.

Now one problem is that when I lock my messenger or hide in I dont receive messages from my other superiors either. What I would have suggested or request is:

1. Can we have an option to hide a whole group of contacts (since i have personal contacts in a a set of groups and colleagues in another one). By hiding i mean not dislaying them in the contact list at all. Such that I would be give a list of my available groups, then set some of them that would react to this feature, and using a shortcut key I would hide them from my list and another shortcut to have them back.

2. In relation to the above, it can be annoying or rather an embarassing situation when your personal contacts msgs pop up while your boss is around and you can't hide/lock your messenger. Well one solution could be to allow blocking all contacts in a group and unblock them. something like mass blocking :) but i think it should go in pair with the requested feature in 1.

If these are at all possible then i'd be more that grateful to you guys :)

Happy programming....and keep it up ;)
09-19-2005 06:30 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
RE: Feature Request: Hide group of contacts and block all contacts in the group
Hi! :)

As far as I know, hiding contacts in the contact list is not possible. It sounds more like a suggestion for the MSN Messenger team. *-) (but I could be wrong)

And for point 2, in any conversation window, you can type:

/blockgrp name of group to block an entire group of contacts.

/unblockgrp name of group to unblock the group.

Additional commands and some MsgPlus! tutorials. :)

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

09-19-2005 11:15 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
lordy

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Feature Request: Hide group of contacts and block all contacts in the group
quote:
Originally posted by inspirone
1. Can we have an option to hide a whole group of contacts (since i have personal contacts in a a set of groups and colleagues in another one). By hiding i mean not dislaying them in the contact list at all. Such that I would be give a list of my available groups, then set some of them that would react to this feature, and using a shortcut key I would hide them from my list and another shortcut to have them back.

i can see a few problems with that, 'HELP I'VE LOST ALL MY CONTACTS!! :o' for one!
09-19-2005 12:11 PM
inspirone

O.P. RE: Feature Request: Hide group of contacts and block all contacts in the group
thanx Leo for letting me know of this feature that I did not know exsited. Well as for the second one, i know its debatable but maybe some other users could input some suggestions in that respect too. thanx again :)
09-22-2005 11:08 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: