What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Missing Icons in Textbox

Missing Icons in Textbox
Author: Message:
caz15th

Knowledge speaks, Yet wisdom listens

32 / Female / –
O.P. Missing Icons in Textbox
I'm missing the two icons in the box where you type your messages in a msn messenger window. The two icons that are under the A for font toolbar. The little Messenger Plus icon and the black speaker. I installed plus just yesterday, and the toolbar was there then. Now it's gone. When I first opened up msn messenger this morning, Messenger Plus asked for an enscripted password, and I typed it in wrong, yet got it right the second time. Would that have anything to do with the missing icons? Or is it something else? I still have Messenger Plus installed and working, those two icons are the only things missing.
12-22-2005 02:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Missing Icons in Textbox
quote:
Originally posted by caz15th
When I first opened up msn messenger this morning, Messenger Plus asked for an enscripted password, and I typed it in wrong, yet got it right the second time. Would that have anything to do with the missing icons?
nope

quote:
Or is it something else?
yep

quote:
I still have Messenger Plus installed and working, those two icons are the only things missing.
1) Make sure the following option is selected in your preferences:
Plus! > Preferences > Instant Messages > General Options > Enhance the toolbars with Messenger Plus! features.

2) Make sure you don't use a "special kind" (aka crappy :p) of skin which is made in a dodgy incompatibly way (not likely, but still)

3) And make sure the text box is high enough to show the special Plus! toolbar. You can drag the top of the textbox to set it to a certain height; so make it bigger (much bigger) than it needs to be, then gradually decrease the high to your likings so that the Plus! bar is still shown.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=581090]
(normally the minimum height you can set the text box should be big enough to show the Plus! bar though. That is, if you didn't tampered with the layout of the text box, like you can do with patches and skins)

;)

------------

EDIT: no worries, that's why "MsgPlus! Help & Support" exists ;)

.gif File Attachment: Image2.gif (9.15 KB)
This file has been downloaded 188 time(s).

This post was edited on 12-22-2005 at 03:15 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-22-2005 02:42 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
caz15th

Knowledge speaks, Yet wisdom listens

32 / Female / –
O.P. RE: Missing Icons in Textbox
Thank you so much for your help! I didn't have the enhanced toolbars checked. *blush* That was stupid of me. Thank you again!!!
12-22-2005 03:00 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: