What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Messenger Live : Not Responding

Messenger Live : Not Responding
Author: Message:
cjguare

Welsh & Proud

34 / Male / –
O.P. Messenger Live : Not Responding
This is a problem my friend has. When i first downloaded Messenger Live it was the BETA version, and every now and again it would crash shortly after singing in. Once i downloaded the public release this problem stopped for me.
Well, my friend has downloaded the newest public version and still has the same problems. He's tried installing Messenger Plus Live, which i thought might stop it. But he's had no luck he still has the same problem.
I'm not 100% sure what spec his Pc is but would this be the cause of the issue or would it be something more down to earth. Like i said, i don't have the problem any more and iv'e told him what i done to stop it but it just doesnt seem to work for him.

Cheers guy's, much appreciated (Y)

This post was edited on 07-04-2006 at 01:50 AM by cjguare.
[Image: peugeot21yh.jpg]
[Image: ozfelge2hl.png]
07-04-2006 01:49 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Salem

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Live : Not Responding
quote:
Originally posted by cjguare
This is a problem my friend has. When i first downloaded Messenger Live it was the BETA version, and every now and again it would crash shortly after singing in. Once i downloaded the public release this problem stopped for me.
Well, my friend has downloaded the newest public version and still has the same problems. He's tried installing Messenger Plus Live, which i thought might stop it. But he's had no luck he still has the same problem.
I'm not 100% sure what spec his Pc is but would this be the cause of the issue or would it be something more down to earth. Like i said, i don't have the problem any more and iv'e told him what i done to stop it but it just doesnt seem to work for him.

Cheers guy's, much appreciated (Y)

Hello cjguare

Do you know if your friend is using any other Windows Live Messenger add-ons or patches with MessengerPlus! Live?
If not, i could suggest the your friend try the following:
[list=1]
[*]Uninstall MessengerPlus! Live 4.00
[*]Uninstall Windows Live Messenger 8.0
[*]Remove the following folder and ALL of it's contents: C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger
[*]Remove the following folder and ALL of it's contents: C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live
[*]Reboot (restart) your computer
[*]Download Windows Live Messenger from http://messenger.live.com
[*]Install the Windows Live Messenger version you've just downloaded
[*]Download MessengerPlus! Live from http://www.MsgPlusLive.net
[*] Install the MessengerPlus! Live version you have just downloaded
[*]Try signing in with your Windows Live ID account again.
[/list]

I hope this will help solve your problem. If it doesn't plus let us know so that we can try and sort out the problem

~Salem(@)
[Image: salem874.smart.jpg][Image: card.png]
Was i Helpful?[/url]
07-04-2006 04:51 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: