What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Read archives with Notepad ? WLM

Read archives with Notepad ? WLM
Author: Message:
Ouaf

O.P. Read archives with Notepad ? WLM
Hi there !

This new version of plus! is really cool but  I have an ambarassing problem.
I was used to search a lot  a stuff in my archived conversations.
In the previous versions of Plus! I opened my archives thanks to the NotePad, it was clear and fast.
But now in this new verison I am  forced to use the new log viewer, but the problem is  it is very very VERY slow, it takes at least 1 minute to open it and most  of the time I have to kill the process cause it takes 99% of my UC.
When I search for a precise thing  in dozen and dozen of conversations which the avergae size is 2Mo it takes half an hour whereas  before whith the notepad it took me 5 minutes

So my question is : Is there a way to open new archives in the  old way ? with the notepad ?

Thanks.

This post was edited on 07-24-2006 at 12:07 AM by Ouaf.
07-24-2006 12:05 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Read archives with Notepad ? WLM
Yes.

Plus! > Preferences > Conversation > Chat Logging > 'Save as plain text files' > OK

[Image: attachment.php?pid=701133]

.png File Attachment: plaintext.PNG (71.7 KB)
This file has been downloaded 225 time(s).
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
07-24-2006 12:11 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Ouaf

O.P. RE: Read archives with Notepad ? WLM
Well thanks for your answer but even if do that I am still forced to read my archived converssation with the LogViewer.exe.
When I try to read it  with the old version of MsgPlus! it says that thuis file hasn't been crypted with Messenger plus!
Should I uninstall the odl version onf Messenger plus! that is still on my computer ?
07-24-2006 12:45 AM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Read archives with Notepad ? WLM
You can go to the folder that the logs are saved to and open the .txt file (ex. C:\Documents and Settings\CHRIS\My Documents\My Chat Logs\). They will open in notepad (the recent chats, that have been saved to notepad, after you applied the settings). :)

This post was edited on 07-24-2006 at 01:16 AM by Chris4.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
07-24-2006 01:14 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Ouaf

O.P. RE: Read archives with Notepad ? WLM
Err  ok thanks again, but that's not it, maybe I'm not clear enough (i'm not english) so I'll repeat.

I always keep all my conversations in archives since I have discovered Messenger Plus! and as I'm a bit paranoiac I always put a password on them so we are talking about PLE files.

Before WLM and WLM Plus! when I read my archives i do it in the NotePad and it looks like that :
[Image: 8365b0f288c357310faa89db19b1t.jpg]

It was not very good looking and not very practical but it was clear and fast.

Now since WLM I read my archives in the LogViewer, and it  looks like that :
[Image: 963e08ffe0b460b7625d19100d3ft.jpg]

LogViewer is very cool, good looking, practical but when I want to read a big archive (1,2 3 Mo) it is verryyyy very slow, it can take up to 1 minute just to show up text and most  of the time I have to kill the process LogViewer.exe (CTRL+ALT+SURP) otherwise my computer doesn't answer

So the only thing I want to know is if it is possible to display archived conversations in the NotePad as used to do untill now.

Thank you.
Using the search function I have found similar cases.
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=61...d=676292#pid676292

So there is no way to open my old conversations with the notepad ??
If not it would be a very great idea to include it in the next release because for me LogViewer simply
Now I can't even read my old conversations because it takes minutes to logviewer to show up something and it takes at least 30 seconds just to scroll down.
I have an AMD Athlon 2800@2.4Ghz and 1Go PC3200 and i just formated last week

This post was edited on 07-24-2006 at 02:11 AM by Ouaf.
07-24-2006 01:42 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: