What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Importing old emoticons, winks and backgrounds

Importing old emoticons, winks and backgrounds
Author: Message:
Presley

Make the world a better place!

45 / Female / –
O.P. Importing old emoticons, winks and backgrounds
I have a major issue with teh latest LIVE messenger and I have also talked to the MSN support people about it and they simply say tuff luck.

See I need to reainstall everything on my machine, but I kept my old messenger folders where I had probably about 50 Winks, 50 emoticons and say 10 backgrounds that I wanted to "import" into my new install. I have done this before with the BETA and it worked fine just dumping the files in the new folders. This however does not work anymore.

So I asked Messenger support people for help on how I am suppose to do this and their answer is that I have to add one and one emotiocon back... my good that will take me a week. And besides the winks.. are impossible to add.. so they are forever lost.

So now please, MSGPLUS LIVE people... I beg you to make this feature as the messenger people seemed to think that this feature is not needed....

\\LM
------------------------------------------------------------------
* The King has left the building*
10-10-2006 08:44 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Felu
Veteran Member

30 / Male / Flag
RE: Importing old emoticons, winks and backgrounds
Which version of messenger are you using? 8.0 or the 8.1 leaked BETA?

If WLM 8.0 then try removing the current version and install the previous one. If the files work with it then install WLM 8.1 without removing the older version. This should most probably solve your problem.

If WLM 8.1 then this is a known bug(Just because the way of storage and the places have been changed... Also as being a Beta Tester i recommend you not to use the leak.). Try remove the current version and install the previous one as i said before. Then use Baisoft MSN Backup to backup them as MCO(Messenger Content Installer) and then use a content installer(like Custom Content Manager) to install them [Image: msn_wink.gif].

I know this is time taking but the only way i can think of.

Edit : Links Updated ;)

This post was edited on 10-10-2006 at 09:02 AM by Felu.
10-10-2006 08:56 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: