What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » MP!L Uninitializing Itself?

MP!L Uninitializing Itself?
Author: Message:
Ryan_barber

34 / – / –
O.P. MP!L Uninitializing Itself?
Hello,
I am new to Messenger Plus! Live (I downloaded it nearly 3 days ago).
I really love this expansion, if you will. Everything that I wished for in MSN Messenger Live comes in MP!L! It seemed perfect for me the first time I used it. But after the first day, something strange happened:

I had first installed MP!L this Tuesday (I have had the latest versions of MSN Messenger Live ever since the invitation beta). I didn't get on the computer Wednesday, due to personal reasons; but today when I got on I logged into MSN Messenger Live (automatically assuming MP!L would intertwine with its abilities into the messenger), I noticed several things missing at first. After a few seconds, I realized that MP!L had not started up with the messenger like it was supposed to do.
After logging out, the first thing I checked was the Add/Remove Programs. It was still listed there, so I checked to see if it could be repaired (of course not =p). After seeing that it couldn't, I repaired the MSN Messenger Live; with the repair finished and completed, I logged back in to check and see if it had solved anything. The repair did absolutely nothing to solve my problem.
The next step I took, was to explore the HDD and make sure the folder for MP!L was still there with all of the associated files. I did so, and found every file to still be in its respective location.

This problem has left me clueless with what is wrong. I checked the listed FAQ and also searched the forum for any word associated with 're-initializing' or 'uninstalling' or even 'auto'; I didn't find any such topic of use.

Thanks for your time and keep up the good work with WP!L!

Very Lost,
Ryan B.
10-19-2006 10:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: MP!L Uninitializing Itself?
Do you see a Plus! menu on the main contactlist that may provide you with a menu for compatibility?

What version of Windows Live Messenger are you running?

Have you tried to completly uninstall both then goto C:\Program Files and delete the MSN Messenger folder? Then try and reinstall both.
10-19-2006 10:52 PM
Ryan_barber

34 / – / –
O.P. RE: MP!L Uninitializing Itself?
No, the MP!L Menu wasn't viewable. Maybe I need to be more specific with my problem. I say uninitializing; maybe I should say un-interfacing? It is like MP!L isn't even on my computer anymore. The MSN Live Messenger is exactly the way it was before installing MP!L.

I mentioned in my thread that I have had the latest versions of the MSN Live Messenger everytime a new version came out.

I haven't resorted to completely uninstalling the messenger and it's expansion, no; because it sounds like a problem that can be fixed, if only there was a repair option for the expansion.
I don't really want to have to reset my options for either program; therefore, I would just deal with the regular MSN Live Messenger if there was no other option.

This post was edited on 10-19-2006 at 10:58 PM by Ryan_barber.
10-19-2006 10:57 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan_barber
I mentioned in my thread that I have had the latest versions of the MSN Live Messenger everytime a new version came out.
I am looking for the exact version number of Windows Live Messenger. (Help > About)

This post was edited on 10-19-2006 at 11:21 PM by matty.
10-19-2006 11:21 PM
Ryan_barber

34 / – / –
The version and build of my current MSN Messenger are as followed:

Version: 8.0
Build: 8.0.0812.00
10-19-2006 11:29 PM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
uninstall MPL4 Reboot the PC an then go back into C:/Program files/Messenger Plus Live <-- an delete that folder, an redownload it
10-20-2006 12:47 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Ryan_barber

34 / – / –
:|
Eh...nevermind.
Thanks for the help, though!
10-20-2006 01:04 AM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan_barber
:|
Eh...nevermind.
Thanks for the help, though!
Well you asked for help and this is what we are suggesting.
10-22-2006 03:35 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: