What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Microsoft MVP

Microsoft MVP
Author: Message:
plenderj2

42 / Male / –
O.P. Microsoft MVP
Just wanted to congraulate Patchou on becoming an MVP... I was going to post in the thread in the news area but that's since been closed by the looks of it...
ARGH okay read the rest of the thread. That's a fucking pain in the arse isn't it :(
11-16-2006 03:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Kenji
Veteran Member

Previously: Dazmatic, Dazzy, :zippy:

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Microsoft MVP
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou on: [url
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=68170]Many[/url] of you probably followed the events that occurred after Microsoft gave me an MVP award for the year 2007: many things were said on many web sites and, because I also have a private life to attend to, I didn’t feel it was necessary for me to respond to any of them. A lot of people also showed their support which means a lot to me, and there was no point in continuing to argue forever. That being said, there’s one thing I wanted to clarify, seeing that some individuals may have misinterpreted the last actions Microsoft took over this matter: many people seem to think that my MVP award was revoked which isn’t what actually happened. What did happen was that my active MVP status was revoked (for reasons you may or may not agree on) and yes, there is a big difference there. To quote Microsoft, the award itself was given to me "on the basis of his technical expertise and strong community contribution" and that’s just not something that you can take back. I have now received my MVP certificate as well as all the associated gifts like every other MVP, I’m still very proud of it, and I’m happily continuing my relationship with the Windows Live Messenger team. So, what does this revocation mean? Just that I won’t be able to log-in into MVP-only newsgroups anymore this year, or display the MVP logo every time I write a blog somewhere. So as you can see, that’s no big deal, no big deal at all, the recognition itself is what matters :).

This post was edited on 11-16-2006 at 04:08 PM by Kenji.
11-16-2006 04:07 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
plenderj2

42 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Microsoft MVP
Ahh good stuff thanks for posting that :)
11-16-2006 04:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: