What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Scripts "bouncing"

Scripts "bouncing"
Author: Message:
skagerstrom

O.P. Scripts "bouncing"
First of all - don't know if this or the scripts forum is the right place to post this, but the scripts forum seemed to be for developers so I'll try my luck here.

My friend has a very strange problem. We both downloaded the newest Plus! release today and for me and the other one using it it works fine, but my friend has this.. strange behaviour.  Thehe commands he sends is replicated the other way - back to his computer. Let say he types !np. Then my computer sends the winamp playing song, and then HIS computer replys with what HE is playing. If he types !sendsong my song is sent to him, and his song is sent to me. The other place we observed this is in the WLM previewbox where I only see what others write, but he gets his own messages in the little log as well.

What can be wrong? First we though it was something specific with the Now Playing script but as it behaves strange in the WLM preview box as well it must be somthing generaly "wrong". I don't know what Live! release he has, but it is final or newer. Plus! is the newest one, 4.20.262.

03-16-2007 12:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Scripts "bouncing"
quote:
Originally posted by skagerstrom
First of all - don't know if this or the scripts forum is the right place to post this, but the scripts forum seemed to be for developers so I'll try my luck here.

My friend has a very strange problem. We both downloaded the newest Plus! release today and for me and the other one using it it works fine, but my friend has this.. strange behaviour.  Thehe commands he sends is replicated the other way - back to his computer. Let say he types !np. Then my computer sends the winamp playing song, and then HIS computer replys with what HE is playing. If he types !sendsong my song is sent to him, and his song is sent to me. The other place we observed this is in the WLM previewbox where I only see what others write, but he gets his own messages in the little log as well.

What can be wrong? First we though it was something specific with the Now Playing script but as it behaves strange in the WLM preview box as well it must be somthing generaly "wrong". I don't know what Live! release he has, but it is final or newer. Plus! is the newest one, 4.20.262.
thats because

!np and !sendsong are remote commands, used to get information from your contacts

on the other hand

/np and /np are local commands which send your information out :)
[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
03-16-2007 12:45 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
skagerstrom

O.P. RE: Scripts "bouncing"
Yeah but.. he types !sendsong. Then my MSN does as it's supposed to and sends the file I play in winamp to him. But as soon as the file transfer startats, HIS computer starts sending the song HE plays to me - without us doing anynthing. We tried some and if he changes his command for !sendsong to something els - this does not happen. Same with !np

It is just as if the the reply from my to his computer contains the command itself, and his computer thinks it's a real command. Other people can request files from me without this happening, and the problem is there whoever he requests a file from. So the problem must be on his computer. He has tried to reinstall Plus.

This post was edited on 03-16-2007 at 01:05 AM by skagerstrom.
03-16-2007 12:49 AM
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
hm are you using anything that changes your name?, like stuff plug
[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
03-16-2007 01:38 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
skagerstrom

No not that I know of. A-patch is applied on both our computers and I think we have done the same changes. Other then that I don't think he's using anything extra at all. Anything in Apatch you know of that messes with the scripting?
03-16-2007 01:45 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
The problem is in the code:
code:
function OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage(wnd, origin, message){
    if(origin != Messenger.MyName){
The meaning is that your screen name of Messenger isn't the same as the one you're using in the chat window. This can happen when you use StuffPlug's ChatOnly Name (even if not enabled), and iirc also if you have a nick name set in Messenger itself.

So, since you say you don't have StuffPlug:
- Have you ever installed StuffPlug ?

Anyways, this isn't a global Plus! problem, but a local script problem as it happens because of the way the scripts are made.

PS @ dt: the handling of StuffPlug's ChatOnly name is done in WLMPreview, but not in Now Playing. Maybe add that as well. see
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=70...d=780988#pid780988
;)

This post was edited on 03-16-2007 at 02:11 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-16-2007 02:09 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
skagerstrom

I must ask my friend this. However I do not think he has had StuffPlugg installed. Thanks for the help so far guys!
03-16-2007 11:12 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: