What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Script help

Script help
Author: Message:
Harvester

O.P. Script help
Is there a help file or instructions for the new scripts?  Some are simple and obvious, others are a little... out there.  I'm really surprised you guys don't include a help file.

(One) of my questions is how do I get 'Now Playing' to display my song information for Winamp?  I clicked the PSM tab and checked the box, but it didn't seem to do the job.  Not even sure if that's the procedure.

Any help?
03-19-2007 02:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Felu
Veteran Member

30 / Male / Flag
RE: Script help
@Sunshine: I think he wants Help File for the Script i.e. Readme or Instructions on how to use the scripts.

quote:
Originally posted by Harvester
how do I get 'Now Playing' to display my song information for Winamp?  I clicked the PSM tab and checked the box, but it didn't seem to do the job.  Not even sure if that's the procedure.
Make sure Tools > Options > Personal > Show Song infor mation from Windows Media Player as my personal message is ticked. Yes you need to tick that to let Now Playing script set the now playing psm.
03-19-2007 03:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
Scipts you install should come with there own help (in the menu for that script under the scripting icon), if not you can search onhere for the thread of that specific script. Also have a look in Scripts Database under that specific script, there's often a link to more information there. Also see Scripts Help.

This post was edited on 03-19-2007 at 03:32 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
03-19-2007 03:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Spunky
Former Super Mod

36 / Male / Flag
I did once try to write a chm file to give help for one of my scripts, but it proves a little harder than expected. The most that could be done it to add a text file that explains everything, or a simple HTML page that the user can open from the menu. I think this is something script authors should do if they know people may struggle with some of the functions their script provides. People seem to struggle with some really quite simple scripts
<Eljay> "Problems encountered: shit blew up" :zippy:
03-19-2007 04:17 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: