What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » MP V. 4.23.0.276 not working with WLM

MP V. 4.23.0.276 not working with WLM
Author: Message:
scott-roks

O.P. Undecided  MP V. 4.23.0.276 not working with WLM
MP V. 4.23.0.276 not working with WLM, seems to be that there is a problem as i constantly have to deal with WLM signing me out and saying "your connection with WLM has been lost. Reconnecting in *countdown*". It's really annoying, any tips? My sister has WM (the very orriginal) and that seems to work fine. I think it has something to do with WLM and MP. Any tips are welcome. I've done the *uninstall -- delete downloads -- redownload -- reinstall* but no improvement. I cannot find any reason why this happens.
06-17-2007 01:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
RE: MP V. 4.23.0.276 not working with WLM
Have you tried just uninstalling MsgPlus and seeing if your problem persists to check if that is really where the problem lies?

PS: Bolding your entire post doesn't mean that people are more likely to read it. In fact it probably acts as a deterrant to a lot of people...

This post was edited on 06-17-2007 at 01:57 PM by Volv.
06-17-2007 01:56 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: MP V. 4.23.0.276 not working with WLM
Please don't use all bold characters, it isn't needed for anything (and annoying to read).

Anyways, have you tried using Messenger without Messenger Plus!? Simply keep Plus! uninstalled for a while and see if the problem still occurs.

This said, I dont see how Plus! itself can cause your Messenger connection to get lost. This sounds more like a problem with your internet connection itself and/or the Messenger servers.

Though some scripts for Messenger Plus! could cause this (but not very likely), so make sure you also try to disable all scripts.

Also, there are many addons and patches for Messenger, disable and uninstall them too (again not very likely).

And did you tried to re-install Messenger itself? (you are not clear about that as you don't say what you have uninstalled and reinstalled).

So:
1) Disable all scripts in Plus!:
Plus! > Preferences > General > Scripts > untick everything > OK
Then see if the problem still occurs.

2) Uninstall Plus!

3) Remove, uninstall, disable all the other patches and addons you might have. The best way to do this is to uninstall Messenger completely, redownload it and install it again.
Also check out the Connection Wizard and Troubleshooter in Messenger.

4) Disable (or properly configure) the Firewalls or other internet security software you might have.

This post was edited on 06-17-2007 at 02:04 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-17-2007 02:03 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
scott-roks

O.P. RE: MP V. 4.23.0.276 not working with WLM
erm yes... i have actually done the whole delete redownload reinstall for both MP and WLM everything... infact, at one point i got rid of my logitech quickcam and reinstalled that too. I will try all those 4 steps.. thank yoo =]
sorry, in future i will not use bold. I spend allmy spare time on  the computer, there fore i get eye problems lol
06-17-2007 02:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: