What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » WLM Display Picture Problem

WLM Display Picture Problem
Author: Message:
mrhappyjavaman

O.P. WLM Display Picture Problem
Ok I don't know of anyone else that has had this same problem I am having. But here's hoping someone might know how to fix it.

My WLM won't let me scroll through my Display pictures. I know I have alot more than the 20 it lets me see but when it gets to a specific display picture it causes the entire program to freeze up and I have to end task to get it to work again. I've tried to delete the picture that it stops on but even when the picture is highlighted it causes the program to freeze. Anyone else have something like this problem? I can still change the pictures and still see them but I can't go past a certain picture and all the good ones are below that picture.
08-24-2007 03:31 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: WLM Display Picture Problem
You can try if deleting that specific picture from the Object Store solves it.

To do that:
- exit WLMessenger
- browse to
"%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger\<.NET passport>\ObjectStore\UserTile"
(regular Display Pictures)

or
"%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger\<.NET passport>\ObjectStore\DeluxeDisplayPictures"
(Dynamic Display Pictures)

- look at the DT2 files with an image viewer (Windows Viewer) to determine wich one it is (this won't work in the DDP folder, so if it's one of those back them up with MSN BackUp and delete them all...add them back one by one later)
- delete that file
- restart WLMessenger
- try scrolling through your DPs again
[Image: 25dr3o9]
08-24-2007 10:54 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: