What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Script for scrolling multiple conversation tabs. Anyone, plz help to create.

Script for scrolling multiple conversation tabs. Anyone, plz help to create.
Author: Message:
SCC

O.P. Script for scrolling multiple conversation tabs. Anyone, plz help to create.
When u open multiple conversation boxes, especially when there are many of them, u might be having prob of scrolling from the 1st conversation to the last conversation. It's time consuming to scroll wif 1 conversation box per click. I believe that many ppl would have this prob as well.

So, the solution is creating a script that is able to scroll multiple conversation tab by mouse wheel.

Btw, there's another prob which is when closing one of the multiple tab of conversations, it'll return to the 1st conversation. & u need to scroll back to the last conversation, if u're talking wif the last one...

So, hope for another script that can return to the conversation box before the conversation u close.

Too bad that I dunno how to create script. So, I can juz asking for help from developers who know how to create script.

Hope that MsgPlus! can improve on these, but I guess for now, we can only rely on the script developers.

Any developer, could u help create a script for us, plz? Btw, anyone supporting this idea? I'm really looking forward for any reply or script. Thx in advance. ^^
11-16-2007 03:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Script for scrolling multiple conversation tabs. Anyone, plz help to create.
Were you aware that;
CTRL+TAB, CTRL+SHIFT+TAB can be used to cycle through conversation tabs?
And ESC can be used to close a conversation?
And CTRL+Click [x] will close all conversation tabs?

I don't think a script is really necessary for a simple conversation tab Switch.
11-16-2007 04:02 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
SCC

O.P. RE: Script for scrolling multiple conversation tabs. Anyone, plz help to create.
Oh, izit? Didn't aware of that. Hehe. But I think a scrolling script would make it more convenient.

Btw, I think the script for 'returning to the [conversation before the conversation box that u're closing]' is still needed.
11-16-2007 05:34 PM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Script for scrolling multiple conversation tabs. Anyone, plz help to create.
Also Middle Click on a mouse wheel will close a tab too :P
11-16-2007 05:37 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
You can list the convo tabs at the left of the chat window so filling the area at the left is not easy at all. You have to open at least about 20 different chats, just to fill the smallest visible area only (which may freeze your computer :P) If tabs are more than 20, only then you will have to use small arrows to slide tabs.

If you insist on using the tabs at the top of the window, then I can recommend you to display tabs with the smallest sizes.

You can find these options in "Tabbed Chats" preferences.

Also you can use the chat windows' taskbar menu to directly switch the convo that you want to.
11-16-2007 06:28 PM
SCC

O.P. RE: Script for scrolling multiple conversation tabs. Anyone, plz help to create.
Hmm... This could be a solution. But the flexibility is still limited. Besides, to list the convo tabs at left is not as nice as listing them on top also, since there'd be a big space below the list if the list is short.

So, if possible, I think scrolling could make the whole thing more lively, provides higher flexibility.

Btw, wat do u mean by directly switch the convo wif taskbar menu?
11-17-2007 08:07 AM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

35 / Male / Flag
If you right click on the tabbed window group in the taskbar it'll provide a menu with a list of current open conversations, clicking on a name brings you to that conversation.
11-17-2007 08:17 AM
SCC

I can't do that...
11-17-2007 12:06 PM
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by SCC
I can't do that...
The only thing that I can think why you can't do that is your taskbar groupped some Messenger windows' taskbar buttons into a single one and the Plus!'s custom right click menu of tabbed conversation window's taskbar button has been disabled because Windows forces that button to use its own default right click menu for grouped buttons. If this is the case, try emptying your taskbar by closing some programs or enlarging your taskbar such that tabbed conversation window's taskbar button appears as a unique button there.

If this is not the case give more detail. I did my best to help you without knowing the problem exactly.

This post was edited on 11-18-2007 at 11:39 AM by ahmetgns.
11-18-2007 11:37 AM
SCC

Oh, it works! Thx. ^^

But still a constraint...
11-23-2007 10:06 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: