What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Chat log files corrupted..?

Chat log files corrupted..?
Author: Message:
bettinaaa

O.P. Chat log files corrupted..?
I looked and I couldn't find an answer to my problem anywhere, but if someone else has asked this already, I apologize beforehand..
A couple weeks ago, I updated my MP!L to version 411 (I think), and since then I haven't been able to open my chat logs. I can only do it if I go to the File menu in Messenger, click on Plus! and then on Chat Log Viewer.. but those are all my old ones. When I try to open the files from a different folder (where I saved them to), it says 'This file has not been encrypted my MP! (or the file is corrupted)'. What does this mean, why/how did it get corrupted, and is there any way to get it back? Also, since I've updated, it hasn't been saving my newer conversations! I checked my preferences many times, and it's all set to save my converstaions by default (like it was before) and it all goes to the same file, but it still doesn't save them!
04-08-2008 04:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Chat log files corrupted..?
quote:
Originally posted by bettinaaa
'This file has not been encrypted by MP! (or the file is corrupted)'
This message comes from Messenger Plus! 3 so I think the .ple extension (encrypted log files) is tried to be opened with MsgPlus!.exe, which is a Plus! 3 program.

If you don't need Messenger Plus! 3, remove it from Add/Remove Programs window and then reinstall MsgPlus! Live.

If you still need it, then manually change the associated program for file extension *.ple, which is for 'encrypted log file' and set it to Log Viewer.exe which you can find in Messenger Plus! Live's installation folder (which is generally C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live). To change it, right click on an encrypted log file, select Open with..., then select Log Viewer.exe, then tick the box "Alwasy use this program when opening this file type" and press OK).

It may also fix the problem about not logging chats. If not, uninstall both MsgPlus! 3 and MsgPlus! Live, and reinstall MsgPlus! Live (its latest version is 4.60, download it from here)
04-12-2008 08:03 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: