What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » problems with email on live messenger

problems with email on live messenger
Author: Message:
glenintheuk

O.P. problems with email on live messenger
Can anyone help me with this please?
I have a hotmail account (hotmail.com) and previously had MSN messenger alongside. When I sent email from MSN messenger these were sent through my hotmail account. Another household user has now opened their own hotmail account (live.co.uk) and has also uploaded messenger at the same time, which is now Windows Messenger. This seems to have now replaced my previous edition of MSN messenger.
I can log into this new version using the same account, and my contacts have been copied over to this new version, but when I send an email from this new Windows messenger, instead of opening a new blank email through hotmail, it now opens a new email in my Microsoft Outlook, which is my main work email default on my PC. These were never connected before, but since the new Windows Messenger has been loaded, it seems to now use the Outlook as the default email. This only happens when i try to send an email through messenger, it works fine if I just open hotmail and send one through there.
How do I go back to where I was before, where sending work and personal emails were completely separate?
02-06-2009 01:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Joshua

.:The Best Brain:.

27 / Male / Flag
RE: problems with email on live messenger
Download the latest version of Windows LIVE Messenger from
code:
http://download.live.com
and see if that would solve the problem.
Try to change the default email app to something else, WLMail maybe?
02-07-2009 05:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: