What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Auto-accept 'sent' webcam request

Auto-accept 'sent' webcam request
Author: Message:
nicknick1122

O.P. Auto-accept 'sent' webcam request
Hi everybody,

after reading through all the posts I could find about MSN's Plus auto-accept feature, I still couldn't quite find the answers to my questions.

Basically I just need someone to explain in detail how it exactly works??

1/.  First off, probably a stupid question, but what's the difference between 'auto-accept send webcam' and 'auto-accept view webcam'??

For instance if I click 'auto-accept send webcam' does that mean if I send a webcam request to a contact, THEY will automatically accept my request and start viewing mine or does it mean if I get sent a webcam request I will start automatically viewing theirs?

2/.  Secondly, do both parties have to have Messenger Plus in order for the auto-accept feature to work?

3/.  Thirdly, my situation - I was on MSN with my friend and I enabled 'auto-accept send webcam requests' and selected my friend from my contact list via 'filter by contacts'. I then sent my webcam to them but they did not accept in the normal way (accept/decline). Therefore, could my contact see me through webcam? Only if they have plus? Only if they have auto-accept feature enabled and filtered on their contact list to me?

Also, if they did automatically accept my sent webcam request, am I right in saying I won't have any knowledge of them seeing me - i.e. I do not get a message back saying 'X has accepted your request to start viewing webcam'? And that when the webcam connects is does not say 'connected' at the bottom of the conversation box like normal?

Sorry for all these questions and it is very specific but if anyone can reply with a decent answer that would be great. The easy way to solve the issue is to set up two computers, both with MSN and test it between two accounts but sadly only one computer here!

Regards, N
05-06-2010 10:59 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Auto-accept 'sent' webcam request
The auto-accept feature works only on the computer it's enabled on.  That computer must have Messenger Plus! Live, the other's done.

The difference between "Send" and "View" is as follows:

Send: it means it will automatically accept when someone sends their webcam for you to view

View: it means it will automatically accept when someone asks to view your webcam

If you have the feature enabled it means that if someone requests to view your webcam, it will be automatically accepted.  If you request to view theirs, they still have to accept manually (unless they too have auto-accept enabled).

I hope this answers your questions?
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5251 days, 1 hour, 55 minutes, 30 seconds ago
05-06-2010 11:27 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
And to answer some other questions:

Question 4:
You will always recieve a message back ("X has accepted/declined whatever has been requested") when the other person accepts or declines your request. You can see this in the chat window.

Note: and as soon as you close the chatwindow with the active webcam (or video), the connection is closed and they wont be able to see you anymore.

Question 3 (and a bit 2):

Auto-accept (and Plus! itself for that matter) has got nothing todo with someone being able to view your webcam or you being able to view theirs. That doesn't have any influence on it at all.

Auto-accept is just an automated way to click on "I accept" or "I decline" in the request message you get when someone requests something. In other words, it has the exact same effect as you manually clicking on "accept" or "decline". Nothing more, nothing less...

This post was edited on 05-06-2010 at 05:59 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-06-2010 05:52 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
nicknick1122

O.P. RE: Auto-accept 'sent' webcam request
Thanks for the informative replies people. I understand the auto-accept feature a lot better now, although just to be clear...

1/. so in my situation with my friend...

- I asked them (NOT VICE VERSA) to view MY webcam with MY 'auto-accept send request' enabled and filtered contacts to that friend -

so...it doesn't matter that I enabled MY auto-accept (send or view), the main thing is whether MY FRIEND has enabled theirs (i.e. if they have they did see me, but if not, they didn't right?).

2/. MY auto-accept feature won't have any bearing on whether my CONTACT can automatically accept MY webcam that I requested for THEM to see right? Instead, MY auto-accept feature is all about whether I choose to automatically accept requests from contacts to view THEIR webcams or for THEM to view MINE if they request??

Perhaps in more simple terms...By enabling auto-accept on MY computer, it won't have any affect on the ability of my CONTACT'S computer to automatically accept the webcam I sent THEM??

3/. Also, if THEY did have auto-accept request enabled, (and I sent my webcam for them to view as I did), I would definitely had got a message saying they 'have accepted my request' regardless of whether THEY manually clicked on accept, or accepted the request automatically?

Perhaps in more simple terms...the acceptance message always comes up whether manual or automatic request acceptance occurs?

Sorry again for more questions but if you can really imagine yourselves on MSN and doing what I did and then tailor your answers to my actual situation with my friend (explained better in original post), that would be awesome! Cheers again.
05-07-2010 09:42 AM
djdannyp
Elite Member

Danny <3 Sarah

37 / Male / Flag
1/2 Yes, your auto-accept has no effect on whether your invitation gets accepted....for your invite to be accepted, your contact would have to have auto-accept for sent webcam requests enabled.

3. Yes, the message comes up regardless of it being an automatic or manual acceptance
[Image: 1ftt0hpk-signature.png]
AutoStatus Script || Facebook Status Script
5251 days, 1 hour, 55 minutes, 30 seconds ago
05-07-2010 09:47 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Think of auto-accept as just an invisible robot holding your mouse and clicking on "I accept" whenever such a request comes up... That's all it does ;)

All the rest are just Messenger's own functions, nothing changes in that.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-07-2010 10:19 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: