What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » How to see the status of Friends in the Taskbar? + Alternative to Toast messages?

How to see the status of Friends in the Taskbar? + Alternative to Toast messages?
Author: Message:
excelier

O.P. How to see the status of Friends in the Taskbar? + Alternative to Toast messages?
Hi..

Problem 1. I can't see the status of a friend just by glancing at the taskbar, like I can in Miranda IM.
Problem 1.2. When I go afk and a friend signs on, I come back, and there is no instant notification of whether a selected friend has signed on or not. (e.g. a popup box that doesn't time out/glancing at the taskbar)

Solutions:

- Status event notifications for selected users in the form of popup/toast dialogs that do not expire unless manually closed by the user.
- Precise Status of friends is clearly displayed within the taskbar objects like Miranda.

Are either of these solutions available for Windows Live Messenger? there are possibly more

The always on top desktop friends tool thing.. is less than ideal.. and it crashes the messenger when I go into full screen applications.

This post was edited on 07-10-2010 at 07:14 PM by excelier.
07-10-2010 06:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: