What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » impossible to uninstall tool bar

impossible to uninstall tool bar
Author: Message:
nenuco

O.P. Undecided  impossible to uninstall tool bar
Hello,

my problem is very simple : the first time I installed Messenger Plus! on my computer, I accidentally chose "Yes, I want the toolbar".
Then, the toolbar was boring me so I decided to get rid of it.

So I uninstalled Messenger Plus! and when the program asked me to enter the seven numbers, I couldn't, because the window to type those numbers was too short to contain 7 numbers, in fact I can actually type 5 numbers. Moreover, if it can help you, the button Uninstall is to short to contain the word entirely too.

I tried to install messenger plus on another computer and I got the same problem for uninstalling the toolbar.
I tried three time to install and uninstall, each time I restarted my computer, and it still doesn't work.

If someone got the same problem and could get rid of it, please help me, I can't stand this toolbar anymore !!!

Thank you for your help,

Nenuco
06-04-2004 07:44 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
RE: impossible to uninstall tool bar
quote:
Originally posted by deej
Couldn't you just use an adware/spyware remover to get rid of it?
No!...Do not do this...Spyware removers can not be used to uninstall the sponsor program without damaging it so its harder to uninstall...

I'd advice that you install Plus! again with the sponsor program. Then go to Add/Remove Programs in the control panel and double click on "Messenger Plus!" (or click on Remove). Then "Messenger Plus! - Setup" is displayed.
Click on the Uninstall button. After a couple of seconds, the program will ask you if you want to keep your preferences, it is suggested to say "Yes".
Then you'll be asked to type in the number displayed in the box then click Uninstall.
Now you must click Yes when asked to confirm the uninstall...If you're asked to close Internet explorer or any program do so. Now restart your computer and the sponsor program will be gone.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
06-04-2004 08:28 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
nenuco

O.P. RE: impossible to uninstall tool bar
I've just tried to do it and it's still the same problem : I can't type all the numbers in the window, so I uninstalled Messenger Plus but not the tool bar.

Can it be a bug of the program ?
Or is it anything else ? (I've got Miscrosoft 2000 on my computer)
06-04-2004 09:08 AM
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by nenuco
Can it be a bug of the program ?
No...this isn't a bug...
There is a chance that its adware from another program...
06-04-2004 09:11 AM
nenuco

No, the toolbar arrived after I installed the program.
I saw on this website that the program is in the folder C:\Program files\C2Media.

I can find it when I install the program but When I remove it all, I can't find this folder anymore but the toolbar is still here !!

If it is not a bug can it be a problem of compatibility with my computer ?

06-04-2004 09:25 AM
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by nenuco

I can find it when I install the program but When I remove it all, I can't find this folder anymore but the toolbar is still here !!
When you followed my instructions did you
i) Reboot your Computer
ii) Close IE when uninstalling
iii) Reinstall again with the sponsor program if you've tried to remove with an anti-spyware tool
06-04-2004 11:27 AM
nenuco

I've never tried to uninstall it with an anti-spyware and yes I did all those things, it still doesn't work .

What I've done until I find a solution is hiding the toolbar and change the page launched. But frequently, I've got to do that again.
I even installed another toolbar, hoping it would replace this one, but it was not a good idea, for a moment, I had two toolbars on my computer.

06-04-2004 11:42 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: