What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Feature Request: Selective popup/login

Feature Request: Selective popup/login
Author: Message:
moriwenne

O.P. Feature Request: Selective popup/login
This is a simple feature I would like to c implemented in this already great piece of software.

What I'm talking about is, do you know how when someone logs onto their msn you can have a pop-up with their name so that you know that that user on your list has logged (you can have sounds too). Well the way msn has it implemented you have only 2 choices either every user pops when they log or none does. What I would like to do is choose which user I want to pop or which I don't (could b from a complete list, some default actions could b implemented).
Advantages of this? I really have many ppl on my list and some I want to talk right away and some I don't care if they log or not.
Another big advantage is something that happens to me, some of my contacts by this or that reason, sometimes, log about every 1 or 2 minutes either because the connectiong fails or some situation with a firewall and I have to sit here being bugged by the window popping up all the time.
I'm sure there are other advantages from this. Could it be that hard to implement this?

Some feedback is appreciated, thanks.

PS: Oh, the forum date when I registered was one hour less...weird ;)
07-22-2004 10:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Feature Request: Selective popup/login
Already possible....

In MSN Messenger:
Uncheck: Tools > Options > General > Display alerts when contacts come online

In Messenger Plus!:
Check:
Plus! > Preferences > Notifications > Popup Options > Enable Messenger Plus! notifications windows
Also look at the other options in this panel and (un)check them as you like...

Check:
Plus! > Preferences > Notifications > Popup Defaults > Enable Messenger Plus! notifications when contacts sign-in

After you did this, you can right-click on a contact in your main contactlist to select which popups you like for that contact:
Messenger Plus! Extra's > Notifications
(you can also assign a sound that has to be played when a popup appears fo that individual contact)

PS: It doesn't hurt to browse and investigate all the options in the preferences in Messenger Plus!. Also read the official Help pages... You'll discover many features... ;)

quote:
Originally posted by moriwenne
PS: Oh, the forum date when I registered was one hour less...weird
You are proberly using Daylight Saving Time in the part of the world where you are. You need to set that in your userprofile options. So, click on enable DST Correction...

This post was edited on 07-23-2004 at 12:09 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-23-2004 12:04 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
moriwenne

O.P. RE: Feature Request: Selective popup/login
Thanks for the help, you really know your stuff there ;)

I looked around for an option but couldn't find it, so I suggested it. Several steps were required as I c now.

This is indeed a great software that already has the features we request :D heh the best!

Thanks again.
07-25-2004 12:50 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: