What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » No Sounds???

No Sounds???
Author: Message:
k6msb

O.P. Undecided  No Sounds???
Gang,

I've confirmed this on three computers via multiple installs/uninstalls on each.

If you install WIndows Media Player 10 beta, you will lose the Msgr Plus! 'sound command' sounds (such as /skiss, etc.), although notification sounds and 'Audiator' sounds will continue to work.

If you have installed WiMP 10 beta on your PC and your command sounds aren't working, I suggest uninstalling WiMP 10b and going back to '9 (for now).  You will have to re-install WiMP 9 if you do uninstall 10b; you'll be automatically prompted to do so the very first time you try and "play" anything that otherwise needs WiMP to play it.

If you HAVE WiMP 10b on your system and Msgr Plus! 3 command sounds continue to work for you, then.....I don't believe you!!!! :wink:

Best regards,
k6msb
07-26-2004 04:54 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
RE: No Sounds???
First of all welcome to the forum :wave:

Well, I have Windows Media Player 10 BETA and I've been able to use the sound commands included in Messenger Plus!. Install WMP10 BETA and then go to add/remove programs in the control panel (classic view) and then see if both 10 and 9 are there, if they are uninstall 9 so just 10 is there...I don't understand why sometimes both are there but it seems to be a bug. Now your sounds in Plus! should work...
Also you're the only person ever to mention this problem...So I'd advise checking with as many people as you can if they've had the problem...However very few people I know use WMP10 Beta (due to either favour of Winamp or don't like BETA software) but no one who uses WMP10 have experienced this problem, to my knowledge...
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
07-26-2004 08:24 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
GiantSpider
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
Wel i'm backing you up on this Anubis. I use WMP10 and have no such difficulties. Perhaps these people your testing with don't have Plus!?
07-26-2004 08:36 AM
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
Perhaps these people your testing with don't have Plus!?
It can't be that because k6msb says that he\she can't hear the sounds...
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
07-26-2004 08:54 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: