What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Handwritting with Window 2000 and Window XP

Handwritting with Window 2000 and Window XP
Author: Message:
rachel_hoe

44 / – / –
O.P. Handwritting with Window 2000 and Window XP
I meet some problem with my 2 different PC which using Window 2000 and Window XP.

Problem with Window XP
1. I had success install the hanwritting pulg in. but i found tht some time the plug in and the msg plus is 'gone' (juz like had uninstall, but it'ds not) which my handwritting plug in can't be use and my MSN toolsbar there does not appear the 'PLUS!' tools. ..  so i have to remove the plus and the plug in and reinstall it back..thus i can't cont to use it.. but this problem will cont happened again .. y will this happened..??

Problem with Window 2000
1. the handwritting and the ink redist support to Window 2000 right?
but once i gonna install the 'Setup.EXE' file from INKREDIST.. it come out a msg which File 'InstMsiW.EXE' cannot be found.. wat file is tht??
is the inkredist s/w for Window 2000 and XP the same??
08-01-2004 04:47 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Handwritting with Window 2000 and Window XP
The handwriting and ink plugins are only supported in Windows XP I'm afraid.  So this is why you are encountering problems with 2000.
08-01-2004 09:52 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ddunk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Handwritting with Window 2000 and Window XP
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
The handwriting and ink plugins are only supported in Windows XP I'm afraid.  So this is why you are encountering problems with 2000.

Actually, there is a chance that it may work with 2000, but it was not designed for it.

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Problem with Window XP
1. I had success install the hanwritting pulg in. but i found tht some time the plug in and the msg plus is 'gone' (juz like had uninstall, but it'ds not) which my handwritting plug in can't be use and my MSN toolsbar there does not appear the 'PLUS!' tools. ..  so i have to remove the plus and the plug in and reinstall it back..thus i can't cont to use it.. but this problem will cont happened again .. y will this happened..??

Does Plus uninstall if you do not have handwirting installed? This may not be a problem with Handwriting.

quote:
Originally posted by rachel_hoe
Problem with Window 2000
1. the handwritting and the ink redist support to Window 2000 right?
but once i gonna install the 'Setup.EXE' file from INKREDIST.. it come out a msg which File 'InstMsiW.EXE' cannot be found.. wat file is tht??
is the inkredist s/w for Window 2000 and XP the same??

As I said above to traxor, it may not work with 2000, so unfortunately, it does not seem to work with yours.
08-01-2004 09:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: