What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » changing the language

changing the language
Author: Message:
han4rang

O.P. changing the language
I'm currently using MSN Messenger with the language in Korean but I would like to change it to English. Does anybody know how to do it? If anybody does, can I get step-by-step instructions because I don't know how to read Korean that well.

Thank you.
08-09-2004 05:45 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: changing the language
If you're talking about changing the language of MSN Messenger, you'll have to redownload it from here or get the English version of msgslang.dll somewhere.
If you're talking about Plus, then in the main window of Messenger, go to Plus! > 6th item, click the button to the right of the world icon and select "use the default English language".

This post was edited on 08-09-2004 at 06:03 AM by lopardo.
[Image: userbar452797dd.gif]
08-09-2004 06:01 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
han4rang

O.P. RE: changing the language
When I click on that link, it takes me to the page where I originally downloaded MSN Messenger which is written in all Korean. Could that be why it's downloading it in Korean? I've uninstalled it and downloaded it from that page before and it didn't give me a choice of what language I would like it to show as, it just installed it in the Korean language by itself.

Is there a way of changing the language on that page? Maybe that'll install the MSN Messenger in English.

This post was edited on 08-09-2004 at 06:13 AM by han4rang.
08-09-2004 06:11 AM
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
Go to http://messenger.msn.com/Download/ and click "Change language" (second link from the list at the right).
If the page shows up in Korean, it's because your browser is configured to do so. If you are using Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet options > Languages, click the Add button and add English before Korean. Go to that page again.
08-09-2004 06:15 AM
han4rang

O.P. RE: changing the language
Thanks, I got the page to load in English, but now I have another problem. I uninstalled my MSN Messenger and tried to install it again in English but after I did, when I try to click on any MSN Messenger icon to log in, it tells me that there is an error. [I have Windows XP] I went to my control panel, add/remove programs, looked for the MSN Messenger and tried to repair it, but it only gave me a popup like this..

[Image: msg.bmp]

I tried uninstalling and installing a few times but only gave me the same thing.
08-09-2004 06:50 AM
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
I'm sure I saw that before, but I don't remember how to fix it :(
Maybe you should try a clean uninstall and reinstall?
That "assembly" thing looks like .NET, do you have the .NET framework installed? If so, try reinstalling/repairing it.
08-10-2004 05:52 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: