What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » MsgPlus wont startup with Msn

MsgPlus wont startup with Msn
Author: Message:
sim3

O.P. MsgPlus wont startup with Msn
Recently i install MsgPlus inside my computer. after installing Messenger Plus i was able to use it. I was quite happy with the MsgPlus as it provide alot of better function for me as a user but there is 1 problem with my Messenger Plus. Everytime i switch off my pc and on again, the Messenger Plus doesnt load with my msn. In the end i have to uninstall and reinstall Messenger Plus again. all the setting is gone and i have to reset it again. Currently my computer install with Microsoft antispyware and adware program. Does this 2 program conflict with the MsgPlus? how do i get my MsgPlus run on it own then i enter my winXP? any solution will be much appreciated. I getting irritated on reinstall and uninstall of the program.
12-30-2005 11:59 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: MsgPlus wont startup with Msn
Those antispyware programs are probably blocking Plus from adding itself to the startup list in the registry. Disable them (along with any other antivirus/antispyware software) temporarily and reinstall Plus. If a window pops up asking you if you want to let MsgPlus make changes in the registry, allow it to do so.
[Image: userbar452797dd.gif]
12-30-2005 12:05 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
Change the attachment process:

In messenger, goto the top menu

Click Plus -> Preferences -> Miscellanious(On The Right) -> Messenger Attachment Process.

Change that to either of the other two. Such as Default Mode - Force or the alternative mode. :)
12-30-2005 12:05 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
Turn off AdWatch (part of AdAware SE)/MS Antispyware temporarily and reinstall Plus! once more (some programs prevent writing in the registry).

If C:\Program Files\MessengerPlus! 3 is still there you can restart MsgPlus! through taskmanager (ctrl alt del - 1x - file > new task..browse to Msgplus.exe). After you've done that i suggest you set the hookingmethod of Plus! to Alternate mode (click link for info on how to set it properly, again make sure AdWatch/MS AntiSpyware is not preventing writing in the registry whilst setting this). Incase there is any program interfering with Plus! this is the prefered hooking method.

This post was edited on 12-30-2005 at 12:11 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
12-30-2005 12:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
sim3

O.P. RE: RE: MsgPlus wont startup with Msn
quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
Change the attachment process:

In messenger, goto the top menu

Click Plus -> Preferences -> Miscellanious(On The Right) -> Messenger Attachment Process.

Change that to either of the other two. Such as Default Mode - Force or the alternative mode. :)

ok i will give it a  try. i just change it. shall see if the changes will take effect if i restart my com the next time. thank for the suggestion.
12-30-2005 02:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: