What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Glitch?

Glitch?
Author: Message:
PhoenixOfFlames

O.P. Undecided  Glitch?
Okay, several bugs with Plus I find hard to understand what happens and why. Help would be appreciated.

Okay, for starters I use MSN Messanger 6.2, Messenger Plus 3.01.94 and Windows 200 professional. I while chatting on it find several problems...

1. When my chat becomes a considerable length, the box starts to scroll up on it's own when I talk to the exact same point and I have to start a new window to fix it. I think this is Messenger in general though.

2. When I chat, at some points emotes will be flawed like so. I do a :P smiley and it will come out as : (followed by a emote) or just a plain : P. I have no idea why it does this, and it can get pretty annoying.

3. When talking to a friend and sending pictures, the chat may loose the thumbnail for the picture and also the progress bar, although the contect is still able to see it, I have no idea what is going on, for what I get is something like this:

(when sending)

''mynamegoeshere'' sends:

Ca____

(when finished)
* Transfer of "anameforapicture.jpg" is complete.

4. The change status when idle setting doesn't work either, so I can leave my computer and friends will message me and wonder why I don't answer, and even think I may ignore them! What is wrong here?

5. When on the microphone or webcam my MSN will crash after 20 mins, maybe this is my computer's fault?

These are the problems I can think of at this moment, I'm sure there are more. I mainly use Plus for chat logging feature, but with all these annoying problems, is it worth the hassle?

Please help!
09-28-2004 08:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

35 / Female / –
RE: Glitch?
quote:
Originally posted by PhoenixOfFlames

1. When my chat becomes a considerable length, the box starts to scroll up on it's own when I talk to the exact same point and I have to start a new window to fix it. I think this is Messenger in general though.

by any chance, have you sent a file in that long conversation? It happens to me when i send a file, it will return to the finished part..

quote:
2. When I chat, at some points emotes will be flawed like so. I do a smiley and it will come out as : (followed by a emote) or just a plain : P. I have no idea why it does this, and it can get pretty annoying.

do you have the emoticons enabled? click your msn nick name in your msn contact window>personal settings>  messages> and are the two top options checked?

quote:
3. When talking to a friend and sending pictures, the chat may loose the thumbnail for the picture and also the progress bar, although the contect is still able to see it, I have no idea what is going on, for what I get is something like this:

(when sending)

''mynamegoeshere'' sends:

Ca____

(when finished)
* Transfer of "anameforapicture.jpg" is complete.

have you tried to reinstall msn messenger? or maybe just restart it? If it were just the thumb nail i would have asked if you have the, Tools> Picture of Previews in conversation window (click that) > and see if its marked as "none"

and yeha...since the sounds of all these problems, if you cant fix them all i'd try a clean reinstall. see if that works, but i'd try the optionsi gave you first, see if it helps :) i hope it does.

marissa.
09-28-2004 08:34 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
RE: Glitch?
4. The change status when idle setting doesn't work either, so I can leave my computer and friends will message me and wonder why I don't answer, and even think I may ignore them! What is wrong here?

do u mean the messenger plus idle setting or just the normal messenger idle setting ?
09-28-2004 08:37 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: