What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » problem trying to download plus...

problem trying to download plus...
Author: Message:
jay0mysterio

O.P. problem trying to download plus...
hi

i love msg plus, i used it on my friends comp.  i tried to use it on my comp but every time i downloaded it it would say that the download was succesful, but it would keep using windows messenger 4.7 or wutever it is. 

i asked my friend if they ever had this problem and one of them told me to go to local disk (c: ) drive then program files then delete the Messenger Plus folder and download it again.  i did that but it didn't work.  i did it two times and it didn't work.

wut am i doing wrong?
10-08-2004 07:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Vazza

– / Female / –
RE: problem trying to download plus...
Hey there
I think I understand what you're talking about.
Messenger Plus! is an add-on for both Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger, it isn't a messenger client all of its own asI think you think it is
Do you have Plus! installed at the moment? If not, download and save (or I suppose you could just open instead of saving) then run the program.
To remove Plus! all you do is go to the Control Panel ==>Add/Remove programs

Hope this what you meaning. If not post back
I'll never forget how lucky I was 7303 days, 5 hours, 49 minutes, 42 seconds ago
[Image: 2tde3m][Image: 2y6ojm]
10-08-2004 08:14 AM
jay0mysterio

O.P. RE: problem trying to download plus...
well i used to have it downloaded and saved, then i deleted it.  i just downloaded it again right now and it does say "plus!" on the windows messenger buddy list, but every time i check what version it is it still says 4.7.  how can i get it to be 6.2?  my friend installed it the same way i am trying to and it worked, but it's not working on my comp.
10-08-2004 08:38 AM
Vazza

– / Female / –
RE: problem trying to download plus...
Okay, I get you now. Windows Messenger's default on Windows is 4.7 (was it preinstalled?)
The version you are talking about is MSN messenger who current version is 6.2 and can be downloaded by going here.

When you get MSN Messenger, DO NOT delete windows messenger as msn messenger (and other products) require some of the features of Windows Messenger

Hope I've cleared things up
I'll never forget how lucky I was 7303 days, 5 hours, 49 minutes, 42 seconds ago
[Image: 2tde3m][Image: 2y6ojm]
10-08-2004 08:44 AM
jay0mysterio

O.P. RE: problem trying to download plus...
:D:D:D:DTHANK YOUUUUUUU!!!!!:D:D:D:D:

You're a genius, you're wonderful, you're amazing, you're brilliant, etc, etc, etc!!!!!!:D:D:D
10-08-2004 08:51 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: