What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Can't connect with audio or video-conferencing

Can't connect with audio or video-conferencing
Author: Message:
MKohnen

O.P. Can't connect with audio or video-conferencing
Here’s my problem.  Recently I had to completely reload my girlfriend’s computer and do endless mucking about to remove a host of virus’, worms, etc.  After reloading and getting rid of the bugs, I installed MSN Messenger 6.2 and Messenger Plus.  I set her Messenger Plus to auto-accept requests, but only from me.  I set my Messenger Plus to auto-accept requests only from her.  She took her computer home, but we couldn’t connect with either audio or video-conferencing.  We could both connect A/V with other people, perversely, but not with each other.  We both uninstalled Messenger Plus! – still no connection.  We then both uninstalled and reinstalled Messenger 6.2 – still no connection.  I used msconfig to stop all non-essential services et al on my computer, rebooted, reconnected – still no connection.  We’ve even tried shutting off our firewalls (ICF in both cases) – still no connection.  We’ve shut down QoS, and tried all the tricks we could find in the MSN Messenger forum.  As I stated earlier, it is only between her computer and mine - and we could connect before I reloaded everything on her computer.  She is connected to a hub that is connected to a DSL modem, and I am connected straight to a cable modem.

Thanks for any help you can give me,

Mike Kohnen
10-13-2004 02:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
RE: Can't connect with audio or video-conferencing
quote:
Originally posted by MKohnen
She is connected to a hub that is connected to a DSL modem,
to a DSL modem or router? In fact the question is: does that DSL modem/router have a built-in firewall and/or nat? If yes, try to configure it properly. Also you can try to enable UPnP if it's available on the DSL modem/router.
Messenger Plus! en español:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
10-13-2004 09:17 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: