What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Forum Suggestion - Quick Links

Poll: Is this a good idea?
Yes
No
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Forum Suggestion - Quick Links
Author: Message:
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. Forum Suggestion - Quick Links
I got thinking and this made a lot of sence to me especially for the helpers that reference people to different threads on the board. Either underneath the Smilies links or on the opposite side of the textbox (when posting replies etc.) there should be a part for quick links that you can edit in the UserCP. So for instance you can add in either a full URL/Name you want displayed or the [ post=70] and that will show the name of thread/post. I hope you know what I mean. I just woke up so I am a bit tired and ya.

Good Idea? Bad Idea?

I think this will be useful to the helpers.
01-22-2005 07:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Forum Suggestion - Quick Links
I like the idea, it would be very useful to me, and there should be a button like 'Add this thread to Quick Links' or something somewhere, I love the idea, it would help me a lot :).
01-22-2005 07:31 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
good idea (Y)

i personally think this would be very useful and make helping easier, also reduces use of search engine and reduces server load :rolleyes: :P
01-22-2005 07:31 PM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
A feature to store links for you? Why not use bookmarks, or a text file, or something like that? I don't see the need to add a feature to the board. :-/

Oh, and there's already a thing called "Favorite Threads."

quote:
Originally posted by leejeffery
also reduces use of search engine and reduces server load
If you store the links somewhere, you don't need to search. As for server load, what about the extra MySQL query and PHP processing to load your quick links list every time you load the newthread/reply/edit pages? :p

BTW, random thought: there was a similar suggestion a while ago, about custom smilies. The idea was that you save a bunch of URLs for your favorite off-site smilies/images, and be able to quickly insert them into your posts. I actually did consider that enough to add it to my to-do list in the low priority section. :^)
01-23-2005 05:37 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
to do that, it'd be useless an prolly quicker to use another Forum Board, but that outta the question :P  might wanna suggest this feature to MyBB creators Matty
01-23-2005 05:41 AM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Forum Suggestion - Quick Links
quote:
Originally posted by Demandred
to do that, it'd be useless an prolly quicker to use another Forum Board, but that outta the question :P  might wanna suggest this feature to MyBB creators Matty
Talking to Surfi about this is usless because it really has nothing to do with MyBB but the Plus! forum.

DZ I think you misunderstood my suggestion. I don't mean like bookmars to other pages, what I mean is a section of the forum where you can store links to other posts instead of having to search the forum each time for them. You can select the ones you want and click Add to Post or something like that and it will put those into your posts. I don't mean like have a section where you can type in like neowin.net and that will be inserted. It was mainly for posts on the forum.
01-23-2005 06:38 AM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Matty
store links to other posts
That's what bookmarks can do. :p

quote:
You can select the ones you want and click Add to Post or something like that and it will put those into your posts.
That would really be the only advantage. The storage could be done elsewhere (text file, bookmark), but without the integrated feature, you'd have to copy/paste your text/links.

quote:
I don't mean like have a section where you can type in like neowin.net and that will be inserted.
Well, if the feature is gonna be added, it might as well be able to handle any text, so it has more uses to more people.
01-23-2005 07:07 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
why not just make a link that will list all the half-stick posts, and work in the same way?
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
01-23-2005 09:35 AM
paperless
Veteran Member

Saved by the bell

34 / Male / Flag
i dont thin kits needed... because cmon are u so lazy cant u search the forums or something... or just bookmark it... or add to the notepad u have un usercp
01-23-2005 12:51 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: