What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Chat log problem

Chat log problem
Author: Message:
lostphoenix

...To Hell We Ride...

35 / Male / –
O.P. Chat log problem
hi, my problem is that i dont want my chat logs to save, i tell them not to and the location which they WOULD save to, isnt my documents. however im getting it that all my chat logs are saving in to my documents in a folder named chat logs. how do i disable this? also i know when you open a convo window and clixck on the plus tab there is an option called log this chat and it has a tick next to it but if you turn the tick off it only lasts for as long as the window stays open. i want this problem out the way with really badly. thanks alot, can somebody email me a soltion to lostphoenix@gmail.com? thanks alot. ;)
[Image: Lostphoenix.jpg]
01-27-2005 04:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Chat log problem
quote:
Originally posted by lostphoenix
my problem is that i dont want my chat logs to save
Load up the main Messenger Window click on Plus! at the top then click on preferences, then click on Logging. Uncheck the box next to automatically log all my chats by default and click OK, or Apply, or Apply then OK. Your chats will no longer be saved.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
01-27-2005 04:50 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Chat log problem
quote:
Originally posted by lostphoenix
also i know when you open a convo window and clixck on the plus tab there is an option called log this chat and it has a tick next to it but if you turn the tick off it only lasts for as long as the window stays open.
That's normal because thats the choice to either log or not log that specific conversation, as soon as you close that conversationbox it is set back to default (what you've set it to do as default). If it is ticked that means you have set Plus! to log conversations as default.

Disabe logging In Plus!: Plus > preferences > logging..untick "automaticly log all my chats by default"

Incase you also log with MSN Messenger:
disable logging in MSN: tools > options > messages..untick "automaticly keep a history of.."

Edit: yw :D

This post was edited on 01-27-2005 at 09:32 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
01-27-2005 04:51 PM
lostphoenix

...To Hell We Ride...

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Chat log problem
Thanks a million guys ;)
[Image: Lostphoenix.jpg]
01-27-2005 09:07 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »