What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Personalised Status(Weird)

Personalised Status(Weird)
Author: Message:
DragonFlyz

– / Male / –
O.P. Cool  Personalised Status(Weird)
Hi,
1st post here. Not sure if i posted in the correct forum.

Regarding on the personalised status dialog box, if i'd would like to disable it, after unchecking the "Personalise My Status" shouldn't the cancel button change to close or the ok button is available.

In my MSN 6.2, using Msg Plus! 3.50.124, to disable personalised status while maintaning ur current status(i.e. Personalised Away-->Normal Away), but in this case, upon unchecking "Personalise My Status" the ok button is unavailable and the only option is to click cancel or close it, but tat means the change is not taken, so the only option tat i know of, is to change to another status, and changing back(i.e. Personalised Away-->Other-->Normal Away).

Correct me if i'm wrong, guys~ By all means, cause i'm still new to Msg Plus!

Thanks.

P.s. if i've posted in the wrong forums, please kindly let me now, and take the appropriate action.
03-28-2005 11:21 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Personalised Status(Weird)
To change your status to a normal away, choose "Away" from the status menu and just click on "Close" if the personalised status window pops up, simple as that ;)

The difference between "Personalise" button and the "Ok" button is certainly normal and logic:

When you change your status to "away" in MSN Messenger and the personalised away window pops up, the "Personalise" button is there to explicitly tell you that you will do an additional action (personalising your away status). If it was just "Ok", people could thing it belongs to the action of "setting your status to normal away", which isn't...

When you select "personalised status" from the status menu in MSN Messenger, you already tell MSN Messenger/Plus!/yourself that you explicitly want to personalise your status. So the button is just "Ok", to confirm your changes...

And as for the difference between "Cancel" and "Close", it is almost the same explaination as for the other buttons: When the window pops up after selecting "Away" in MSN Messenger, the personalised status is an additional action you could take. So if that would say "Cancel" then it is very confusing with the normal away, because you could interpret that as "cancel the normal away status", while in fact it means "close the personalised status window and do nothing to personalise the status".

The same goes the other way around; When you explicitly choose "personalised away" in the status window, you would "Cancel" the personalisation of the status (as in: do nothing, I changed my mind). IF it was "Close", it isn't very clear if the window is just closed, or if the changes are ignored as well...

PS: what an explaination of me :p lol, I hope you understand it a bit... All in all, the buttons are logically named though....

quote:
Originally posted by DragonFlyz
P.s. if i've posted in the wrong forums, please kindly let me now, and take the appropriate action.
nope, it is in the correct forum (Y)

This post was edited on 03-28-2005 at 10:25 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-28-2005 10:15 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: