What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Oversized display pictures

Oversized display pictures
Author: Message:
snaak

O.P. Oversized display pictures
Oversized display pictures are disabled in MSN 7.0, okay. But why is it then that if I click on the button "(G)Packs" and I download one of these packs that I get a display picture, which is bigger than the normal 98*98 px that others CAN see on MSN 7.0?

Greets, Snaak
04-29-2005 03:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Oversized display pictures
quote:
Originally posted by snaak
Oversized display pictures are disabled in MSN 7.0, okay. But why is it then that if I click on the button "(G)Packs" and I download one of these packs that I get a display picture, which is bigger than the normal 98*98 px that others CAN see on MSN 7.0?

Greets, Snaak

they can see it??? ^o) hmmmm, maybe theres a way for TB to make stuffplug NG have large DP's for everyone again?

do the peopel that see it have stuffplug ng though?

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
04-29-2005 03:50 PM
snaak

O.P. RE: Oversized display pictures
It's one of those dynamic display pictures, and stuffplug does ask if I want to keep the original size, but it doesn't matter if I click yes or no. The "reciever" doesn't have Stuffplug installed. (try it for yourself btw. :) ) The display picture is also shown larger on my side. (It's only taller, not wider)
04-29-2005 03:56 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Oversized display pictures
quote:
Originally posted by may73alliance
they can see it??? ^o) hmmmm, maybe theres a way for TB to make stuffplug NG have large DP's for everyone again?

do the peopel that see it have stuffplug ng though?

I don't think so, aslong as MSNM 7 autoresizes DPs this isn't possible.
quote:
Originally posted by snaak
It's one of those dynamic display pictures, and stuffplug does ask if I want to keep the original size, but it doesn't matter if I click yes or no. The "reciever" doesn't have Stuffplug installed. (try it for yourself btw. :) ) The display picture is also shown larger on my side. (It's only taller, not wider)
Ahh DDP's, those are handled differently than the regular DP's:
quote:
Originally posted by http://msnblog.stuffplug.com/?p=92

As some of you might know (but most of you don’t) I have been looking into the way how dynamic content (Winks & Dynamic Display Pictures) are being validated by a stamp. This stamp is a digital signature of the hash from the cabinet file which contains the content. Apart from a few attributes which are being checked in the stamp, it also checks an important other thing: the hash of the public key from the Root Authority. Because MSN Messenger has a few of these hashes (from the Microsoft Root Certificate Authority) hardcoded in the client, it’s impossible for 3rd party developers (apart from the few selected ones) to create custom dynamic content which is being accepted by MSN Messenger 7 without patching it. This because Microsoft doesn’t sign external requests with their root certificate.

Edit: you're welcome :D

This post was edited on 04-29-2005 at 06:09 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
04-29-2005 03:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
snaak

O.P. RE: Oversized display pictures
Okay :)

Thanks for the info.
04-29-2005 05:11 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version