What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Creating a plugin to display chat window has been closed

Creating a plugin to display chat window has been closed
Author: Message:
Jimmmeh

O.P. Creating a plugin to display chat window has been closed
Hey there, I am hopeing to write a small plugin for messenger which informs the user (by writing some text into the conversation window) that the user he is talking to has shut their chat window.

I am hopeing to code this in C# and am reasonably comfortable about calling functions within Win32 dlls and the like but am not the most skilled coder in the world so was wondering if someone would be willing to give me a description of the functions you would need to do to achieve the following:

1. get a pointer to the conversation control ("Messages that have been sent and received") from the hWnd (or another way if there is a simpler one) and then write text to it (i.e. user has closed the window)

2. somehow grab the message msn sends to the remote client when a window has been shut down and use that to then display the message.

I have never programmed in C/C++ before but as mentioned earlier I have worked in C# invoking Win32 commands (such as getting screenshots of windows and such) so any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!
06-01-2005 09:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Creating a plugin to display chat window has been closed
http://www.stuffplug.com has this feature, however due to a change in MSN coding, it is unreliable.
06-01-2005 09:43 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Creating a plugin to display chat window has been closed
It's not going to be as easy as you may think to program such a plugin. And, depending on exactly how you do it, the functions you'll use will differ.
Even just writing to the conversation history is a lot harder than it may initially seem.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
06-01-2005 09:43 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: