What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » No encription in Win9x, What? A Microsoft monopoly XP by Patchou?

No encription in Win9x, What? A Microsoft monopoly XP by Patchou?
Author: Message:
kuro_neko

O.P. No encription in Win9x, What? A Microsoft monopoly XP by Patchou?
In an extrange English languaje: (En un extraño inglés)

I do not speak correctly English, so I will deal with to speak it with all the errors the world.

Hello friends, I want to know RECENTLY so that NO LONGER the ENCRIPT OF CONVERSATIONS IN WINDOWS PREVIOUS To the XP IS POSSIBLE , IF IT COULD, IS PERHAPS an ATTEMPT OF MONOPOLY In favor of MICROSOFT On the part of PATCHOU?

If supposedly Microsoft wants to end "Messenger Plus!",  then and as much they invite to us to vote to its favor.  I do not understand.  That the encript one of messages to Win9X returns.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Spanish: (En español)

No hablo inglés correctamente, así que trataré de hablarlo con todos los errores del mundo.

Hola amigos, quiero saber por que YA NO ES POSIBLE LA ENCRIPTADO DE CONVERSACIONES EN WINDOWS ANTERIORES AL XP, HACE POCO SI SE PODÍA, ES ACASO UN INTENTO DE MONOPOLIO A FAVOR DE MICROSOFT POR PARTE DE PATCHOU?

Si supuestamente Microsoft quiere acabar con "Messenger Plus!", entonces y tanto nos invitan a votar a su favor. No entiendo.    Que regrese el encriptado de mensajes a Win9X.

This post was edited on 09-10-2005 at 05:26 AM by kuro_neko.
09-10-2005 05:21 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: No encription in Win9x, What? A Microsoft monopoly XP by Patchou?
lol... please calm down. To work in Windows 98, the encryption feature of Messenger Plus! needs the proper encryption libraries to be installed. Depending on your Windows, these could not be there by default. I don't know much where you could find this, I suggest you look for encryption at microsoft.com.

And on a side note, this post is the clear evidence of why some journalists should stop talking about monopoly everytime they get a chance because that's the kind of people it creates (no offence Kuro, it's not your fault).

This post was edited on 09-13-2005 at 08:55 PM by Patchou.
[Image: signature2.gif]
09-10-2005 06:47 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
kuro_neko

O.P. RE: No encription in Win9x, What? A Microsoft monopoly XP by Patchou?
Ok

Really did not know this, I will try to find these libraries, since this function is very useful.  Excuse to generate controversy, this is a great program and you are a great programmer, thanks for your answer and this magnificent program.

Greetings.

Oh no, encounter little in Microsoft.com:

Terminal Services Advanced Client 5.01 Pack: RDP Clients with High Encryption (128-bit)
Internet Explorer High Encryption Pack 4.0
Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 6a High Encryption (128-bit)
Windows 2000 High Encryption Pack (128-bit)

I do not believe that the components are these, if somebody knows as they are, please say me as it is, I can find it by the name.
09-13-2005 07:21 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: No encription in Win9x, What? A Microsoft monopoly XP by Patchou?
You may be able to get the libraries by making sure Internet Explorer is fully up to date, and if necessary installing the high encryption pack for it.

PS: It's against the rules to double post ;)
[Image: spartaafk.png]
09-13-2005 09:55 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: