What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » more than one tabbed chat

more than one tabbed chat
Author: Message:
Santo

44 / Male / –
O.P. more than one tabbed chat
Hi everyone

i was hoping to see this new version of plus! and use the final version of it.

I downloaded the latest version and saw that there is only one tabbed chat window.

Is there any chance of creating our own tabbed chats? Or have one for each group of contacto im msn?

Another thing that i don't understand: if we have two chats in the tabbed chat window and we receive a new message, does the taskbar blinks?

Thanks and keep up the good work, because i canīt use msn messenger without this program.
Nuno Santos
10-14-2005 03:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: more than one tabbed chat
quote:
Originally posted by Santo
Hi everyone
Hi, welcome to the forums :D
quote:
i was hoping to see this new version of plus! and use the final version of it.

I downloaded the latest version and saw that there is only one tabbed chat window.

Is there any chance of creating our own tabbed chats? Or have one for each group of contacto im msn?
I doubt thats possible.
quote:
Another thing that i don't understand: if we have two chats in the tabbed chat window and we receive a new message, does the taskbar blinks?
It will flash, there's just a 15 second delay. It will also switch to that conversation and because of this delay it will give you time to finish reading/writing in the active conversation, the switching conversations is needed for the flashing (notice the namechange in taskbarbutton). If you switch off that option (plus > preferences > instant messages > tabbed chats...."auto-activate chat windows with unread messages"), there will be no more autoswitching screens but also no more taskbarflashes for unfocused chats.

You can change the delay if you wish to do so, either manually or with Plus! Tweak (this program changes the registrysettings for you). The regkey you're looking for is GroupAutoSwitchDelay. To download Plus! Tweak or for more information about this regkey see: Help Registry Tweaks

More about how tabs work can be found in the changelog. ;)

This post was edited on 10-14-2005 at 04:15 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
10-14-2005 04:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Santo

44 / Male / –
O.P. RE: more than one tabbed chat
Hi and thanks for the quick reply.

Just to inform that the setup program of Plus! Tweak gave me an error regarding the COMCTL32.OCX or one of its dependencies not beeing registered. I don't know if its a problem with my pc or a problem with the setup file.

About the regestry entry you mentioned, i can't find it of my pc.
Can anyone help me?

thanks
10-14-2005 11:16 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: more than one tabbed chat
[OFF TOPIC]
quote:
Just to inform that the setup program of Plus! Tweak gave me an error regarding the COMCTL32.OCX or one of its dependencies not beeing registered. I don't know if its a problem with my pc or a problem with the setup file.
See the thread about Choli's Plus! tweaker, it is explained there.

eg:
* Choli's reply to Plus! Tweak! for Plus! 3.61 :)
* Sunshine's reply to Plus! Tweak! for Plus! 3.61 :)
* Choli's reply to Plus! Tweak! for Plus! 3.61 :)
* Tochjo's reply to Tabbed MSN
* etc... etc...

You can also find the component with very detailed instructions here:
http://sunshine.likethat.org.uk/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=3

[/OFF TOPIC]

--------

quote:
About the regestry entry you mentioned, i can't find it of my pc.
Can anyone help me?
Simply installed the needed component mentionned above and use Choli's Plus tweaker...

If you still want to do it manually then see the official page for more information about the registry tweaks in Messenger Plus! (which SunShine also already posted): http://www.msgplus.net/help_registry.php

It explains everything and also where the Plus! registry settings are located (HKCU\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\your@email.com\Preferences). If the specified registry setting doesn't exist, you need to create it.

This post was edited on 10-14-2005 at 11:57 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-14-2005 11:46 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: