What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Extended features on the playing now thing

Extended features on the playing now thing
Author: Message:
ravv

O.P. Extended features on the playing now thing
Id like to be able to use the now playing for searching on other online music stores and on p2p-networks.

Is it possible. Has it already been done? Is it REALLY hard to do? Iīve never written plugins for MsgPlus so i have no idea :(
10-24-2005 08:02 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Extended features on the playing now thing
Honestly this kind of defeats the purpose of the Now Playing feature doesn't it?

And its not as easy as you think it would be. I doubt anyone will actually get any use out of it thus it wont be done.
10-24-2005 08:23 PM
ravv

O.P. RE: Extended features on the playing now thing
One click and your favourite p2p searches for the song. i would love it thats enough for me I donīt really care about users atm :). Getting the p2p to search shouldnīt be that hard if i can modify msn to send the signal.

And what i mean is one click on some users "now playing" searches for the song one "whatever iīve set it to do".  Google, itunes, DC++ whatever.

How would this "defeat the purpose of now playing"?
10-24-2005 08:35 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ravv
One click and your favourite p2p searches for the song. i would love it thats enough for me I donīt really care about users atm :). Getting the p2p to search shouldnīt be that hard if i can modify msn to send the signal.

And what i mean is one click on some users "now playing" searches for the song one "whatever iīve set it to do".  Google, itunes, DC++ whatever.

How would this "defeat the purpose of now playing"?
A plugin developer isn't going to spend their time developing a program to help piracy. The now playing is to show what the contact is playing and let you search the web for it. not download it... :mipdodgy: people lol.

This post was edited on 10-24-2005 at 08:43 PM by matty.
10-24-2005 08:42 PM
ravv

The plugin does not have to use DC as a backend it can use itunes/whatever, maybe your not intrested in buying lets search for lyrics then. Point is, CAN I DO IT? not "nobody wants to do", can it be done with somewhat limited knowledge of msnplugins?

This post was edited on 10-24-2005 at 09:01 PM by ravv.
10-24-2005 09:01 PM
ravv

"The now playing is to show what the contact is playing and let you search the web for it" pah "search the web, try "selling you crap drm infested music"
10-24-2005 09:05 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ravv
"The now playing is to show what the contact is playing and let you search the web for it" pah "search the web, try "selling you crap drm infested music"

Use the edit button to change your posts its against our forum rules to double post.

Now as far as creating a Plugin to do this which languages are you familiar with. You are going to need to understand ASM so that you can create a plugin that alters what MSN Messenger does (in memory).
10-24-2005 09:12 PM
ravv

Thank you, finally some real answers, no that i canīt do. Going to have to work around that then.
10-24-2005 09:25 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: