What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Sounds problem

Sounds problem
Author: Message:
scobar

O.P. Sounds problem
I Installed plus last night and it seems all i can do is send/recieve the sounds that were included in the download package. I've downloaded the Monty python ones, they show up in my window, but when i try to send them it says an error has occured while trying to contact the system. When a friend sends me a sound clip i get this Action: Download "HorstSim3" (try again), I've click on it  many times but it will never download. The only ones that work are the ones that came with the initial plus installation download. Any help would be great ly appreciated                                 
02-22-2006 11:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Sounds problem
Do you have the latest version of Messenger Plus! ?
What version of MSN Messenger do you have?

You should always try reinstalling an application when you have a problem with it, as some of the files could of corrupted some how.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
02-22-2006 11:58 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
scobar

O.P. RE: Sounds problem
I downloaded it last night off the site, file name was MsgPlus-362. I'm pretty sure it's the latest version. Also i'm running msn messenger 7.5.
I've tried re-installing PLUS like 3 times now... all to avail.
02-23-2006 12:01 AM
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Sounds problem
Do you have a firewall in place on your system?  It sounds like you have a Firewall in place that is set to deny Plus! access to the internet or hasnt been configured properly or something...
When you get "(try again)" after a sound attempts to download, its usually because the server is down OR you have a firewall preventing Plus! from communicating with the server.
02-23-2006 06:56 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
scobar

O.P. RE: Sounds problem
My firewall is disabled. and i checked all of my internet settings and everything seems to be ok.
02-23-2006 04:47 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: