What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Offline contact hiding

Offline contact hiding
Author: Message:
Vyrsace

38 / Male / –
O.P. Offline contact hiding
The topic title is pretty self explantory, but if it isn't apparent then: Is it possible to hide contacts that are offline from the contact list? I think I share the same sentiments as with many MSN users when I find it tedious to scroll down and check who is online when one user group say has 80 users with 4 online contacts that I enjoy talking to but there are also contacts in another group (below) but I cannot see due to the large group (above) that has so many offline contacts. I guess I could try and sort the groups more extensively and make them smaller, but that can be also bad in some ways too. I'm sure you understand that it would be a huge convienience to be able to hide offline contact from the contact list ;) If this is not possible with Messenger Plus, is there, perhaps, another plugin that will? If there is not, then this would be a great enhancement for the next version of Messenger Plus. Thank You.
05-07-2006 05:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Offline contact hiding
Hum, I dont think a plugin would do this. The messenger team would have to make it. And yes it is a great idea because I hate using groups for this reason. :)

http://feedback.live.com
(Ask them there) :P

This post was edited on 05-07-2006 at 05:36 PM by absorbation.
05-07-2006 05:36 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
With MSN messenger you can group offline contacts together... It works the same way pretty much, except there is an "offline" group... With WLM there is a feature that is in the Filter Contacts part... and it's "online contacts only".... which I think is exactly what your looking for.
05-07-2006 05:43 PM
Vyrsace

38 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Offline contact hiding
Hehe well then, Is there a MSN live forum to suggest to for testers? Because I have a MSN Live account and such, but I'm not sure where to go from here. I really like using MSN user groups to keep things organized. I would assume in a program perspective it wouldn't be difficult to just simply hide the contact string within the GUI. Though, I also assume most women can read men's minds too, so what do I know?
quote:
Originally posted by UTI
With MSN messenger you can group offline contacts together... It works the same way pretty much, except there is an "offline" group... With WLM there is a feature that is in the Filter Contacts part... and it's "online contacts only".... which I think is exactly what your looking for.

Actually, that's exactly what I'm looking for. Every time I ask more about MSN features, I find out that I can't wait for MSN Live to officially be released. Thank You.
05-07-2006 05:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
Yes... it's a very nice feature I think.... I usually have it on unless I'm looking through all my contacts MSN spaces. :p

One thing I noticed about it though... if you have the "group offline contacts together" and the "group mobile contacts" enabled... you still have the "offline" and the "mobile" group.... but they're completely empty. If you disable the two sorting preferences, you don't have either of the two groups.

This post was edited on 05-07-2006 at 05:49 PM by qgroessl.
05-07-2006 05:47 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
There's 2 possibilities for that in WLM:

First shows how to group them together (you will have a group "offline" wich you can close), second hides them even more but you will still have a group called "offline" wich is empty if you group offlines together (ticking these sorting options also means that that group will be created). If you tell it to sort on status or untick that sorting option, then this group will not exist.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=646727]

.png File Attachment: hide offline.PNG (116.2 KB)
This file has been downloaded 287 time(s).

This post was edited on 05-07-2006 at 08:42 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
05-07-2006 08:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: