What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Tabbed Chat Nicknames

Tabbed Chat Nicknames
Author: Message:
bemymonkey

O.P. Tabbed Chat Nicknames
Hi everyone... I just downloaded MSGPlus 4.0 and I'm wondering why the tabbed chat mode displays the users' real nicknames in the tabs instead of the nicknames assigned with the "Edit Nickname" function built into Live Messenger...

Is there a way to change that? Or might this be taken into consideration for a future release of Plus! Live? A toggle option might be good for selecting whether you want to use the real nickname or the one you've assigned.

Also, a toggle for old Messenger Plus!-style nicknames would be cool... i.e. the renamed version in the contact list and at the top of the chat window or in the tabs, but the original in the actual chat text...

Just a few ideas... or rather, questions, heheh... I'd just like to know if I'm just missing this functionality and it's already there...

thx in advance.
06-25-2006 12:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Tabbed Chat Nicknames
Simply because Patchou has not figured a way around the problem yet. When he does it will be added :).
06-25-2006 12:23 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
bemymonkey

O.P. RE: Tabbed Chat Nicknames
Ah ok... good to know it's in the works, or at least that it hasn't been forgotten... :)

Oh and another thing - How about a Ctrl+W keyboard shortcut for "close tab"...? It seems to be standard in most other programs with tabs...

This post was edited on 06-25-2006 at 12:29 PM by bemymonkey.
06-25-2006 12:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: