What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » I want msgplus enabled for some users and not enabled for others. Can be done?

I want msgplus enabled for some users and not enabled for others. Can be done?
Author: Message:
CoskiBukowski

O.P. I want msgplus enabled for some users and not enabled for others. Can be done?
Hi. First I want to say a couple of things: English isn't my principal language, sorry if I make a mistake. 2nd: I'm using the msg plus for the first time.

What I want to do is this: I want the msgplus active for my account, but inactive for any other user in this PC, or at least inactive for a particular account (for example, mi mom's, because she already has troubles using the msn itself, if I add more funcionalities, like msgplus, I will drive her crazy, :P , she's really newbie...)

I did some research, and I found in the registry tweaks ( http://www.msgplus.net/help_registry.php ), a string that disables msgplus, but I don't know if this still works in the new "live" version, and I also don't know if this string can be different for example in my account, because I DO want msgplus to be active...

It would be great if I could add a parameter in the shortcut or something like that to disable msgplus, that way I would tell my mom to use the modified shortcut, and I would use the original.

Other solution would be having two different MSN messengers installed (for example, w. live messenger 8 AND msn messenger 7.5), but I don't know if that's possible, or if this is the place to talk about that.

Any help would be good. Sorry about the long message, my english doesn't allow me to summarize the way I do in Spanish...

Thanks. Regards.
06-25-2006 04:28 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
RE: I want msgplus enabled for some users and not enabled for others. Can be done?
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the answer to your questions about Plus! is: unavaible :( The registry can not disable Plus! for a specific Windows Live ID.

However, you can try installing MSN Messenger 7.5 first, and rename its directory to "MSN Messenger 7.5", then install Windows Live Messenger. Then you can have WLM with Plus! but MSN Messenger 7.5 stays clean. It worked for me. Good luck :)

This post was edited on 06-25-2006 at 04:32 AM by Mnjul.
06-25-2006 04:31 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CoskiBukowski

O.P. RE: I want msgplus enabled for some users and not enabled for others. Can be done?
OK. Thanks.
06-25-2006 02:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: