What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Email Client

Email Client
Author: Message:
M a t t

O.P. Email Client
I just don't understand how I put that in my settings for it to check it or w/e.  it has 2 spaces.  both i have no idea on.  one i think is a port (last one).  i just want it to check it in my mozilla firefox browser to gmail.  if i can do that.  i dont like using clients on my computer like outlook express, etc.  what do i put in for it to check it in mozilla firefox on gmail? =/
07-20-2006 05:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Email Client
If you want to check your gmail in firefox then uninstall Outlook Express/Microsoft Outlook and simply browse to http://gmail.google.co m or http://gmail.com/ to check your gmail.

If you mean that you want to check your gmail using Outlook express then do the following:

In Outlook Express, set both POP3 and SMTP servers to 127.0.0.1, (NOT ***.gmail.com). Assign the POP3 port number as 995, and the SMTP port nunber to 587 or 465. DO NOT check "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)" on the advanced tab. If you have these checked and uncheck them, it will reset your SMTP to 25 and your POP to 110, so remember to type in the correct port numbers after you uncheck the SSL boxes.

On the Servers tab, DO NOT check "Log on using secure password authentication." DO check "My Server requires authentication" and in the "settings" button for that panel make sure that the radio button for "Use same settings as my incoming mail server" is checked.

Make sure you click "apply" on each window before backing out. Also, make sure that you double check the settings.

These are all of the bare settings, without an explanation:

Servers tab
POP3 server name 127.0.0.1
SMTP server name 127.0.0.1
You MUST enable authentication (logging into) your Outgoing server

Advanced tab
POP3 server port 995
SMTP server port 465
DO NOT check "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)" on the advanced tab for either POP3 or SMTP
07-20-2006 06:25 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
M a t t

O.P. RE: Email Client
no, i meant in the new windows plus.  it has an email feature.  i dont understand what i put in the email client spot.
07-20-2006 06:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Email Client
Messenger Plus! Live? The e-mail client is the program you want to open to actually read the e-mail. For GMail, just put http://www.gmail.com ;)
[Image: spartaafk.png]
07-20-2006 09:01 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: